Thread: Search path invalid

Login to Give a bone

Default Search path invalid

Everytime I open up AutoCAD I keep getting an error about a search path being invalid. The file it can't find is there. My network connection is working. Any ideas? And this just started the other day. I have attached a screen shot of the message.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Certifiable AUGI Addict ccowgill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Search path invalid

Quote Originally Posted by scott.hillman View Post
    Everytime I open up AutoCAD I keep getting an error about a search path being invalid. The file it can't find is there. My network connection is working. Any ideas? And this just started the other day. I have attached a screen shot of the message.
    I was getting this message back when I was testing for use in our office. I cant remember exactly how I got it to stop showing up, but I think it has to do with making sure that that lnk file is located in the same folder as your pc3 files.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by ccowgill View Post
    I was getting this message back when I was testing for use in our office. I cant remember exactly how I got it to stop showing up, but I think it has to do with making sure that that lnk file is located in the same folder as your pc3 files.
    I've had this happen for the past few releases. The file that is in the plot styles folder is just a shortcut. The problem is where the shortcut is pathed to. Either repath the shortcut, or move it to another folder outside of your plot styles folder. Deleting it probably won't hurt anything, but I moved mine just in case I needed it later. It usually happens when you have multiple versions of CAD on the same machine.

It will also cause CAD to run slow, since it's always searching for that missing file whenever you switch viewports or drawings. It drove me crazy unitl I figured it out.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks! What I did was copied the .exe file, that the shortcut was pathed to, into the same folder as the shortcut. Then I repathed it to look in there. That fixed it.