Thread: Tekla IFC to Revit - tagging linked elements (Structural Framing - Direct Shape)

Login to Give a bone

Default Tekla IFC to Revit - tagging linked elements (Structural Framing - Direct Shape)

Hi I exported geometry from Tekla with attribute information included. The export creates Direct Shapes families (in-place I believe) in Structural Framing category and a shared parameter .txt file as well. Those shared parameters are shown in Revit after "Link IFC". I created a Structural Framing Tag with a label associated with one of the shared parameters from the exported .txt file, but the tag will not work when I try to tag a linked IFC element, even after "Bind Link" and "Ungroup".
    Am i being tricked into thinking the shared parameters from the Tekla export are usable and equivalent to a native Revit shared parameter?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Tekla IFC to Revit - tagging linked elements (Structural Framing - Direct Shape)

It looks like I had multiple .txt shared parameter files in my Tekla model's IFC folder and my Revit shared parameters were using the wrong .txt file for the linked elements i was trying to tag. I re-associated to the correct .txt file and the tag works now.

Cheers