Thread: Graphical Column Schedule and slab/column intersection not show correct in GCS

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Graphical Column Schedule and slab/column intersection not show correct in GCS

I have GCS but it is not showing he columns correct. When the (structural) columns are going through the slab it looks like the floor(slab) is cutting through the column and not the other way around. I guess I could do a opening by face at each column but that seems to be a bit excessive. It most be another solution. Also how does this affect quantities for columns and slab?
    Thanks
    JH
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Graphical Column Schedule and slab/column intersection not show correct in GCS

Are you using RS2009? Does the column automatically join to your concrete floor? Try and un-join the column from the slab, see what happens.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Graphical Column Schedule and slab/column intersection not show correct in GCS

Thanks,
    It worked like a charm I unjoind the column from the slab. Is it anyway you can set it to not automatically join the slab when placing a column?
    PS
    Sorry but I totally stuffed up. I was going to change my email address but accidently entered the wrong one so I got a new account
    DS

Login to Give a bone

The only way I can think of is to make your slab a different material type, i.e. a different grade of concrete from the columns grade of concrete as Revit will only join elements with the same material types.

There may be some variable in there that you can change that elements do not automatically join. But I haven't found anything as yet.
    Last edited by allan_brown; 2008-07-16 at 10:08 AM.