See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Sheet Revision Tracking of Changes

Login to Give a bone

Default Sheet Revision Tracking of Changes

Imagine i have 50 Drawing sheets.
    I delete a window/door/whatever from my ground floor view.
    This window/door etc has obviously disappeared from elevations/sections/callouts etc,,

I now need to up the revision on all the sheets that has that window/door etc missing from it.
    How do i easily find which of the 50 sheets have a view that would potentially need revising simply!

I can only think of going through the views one by one, then finding the sheet that has that view on it. This is a very time consuming process.
    especially if i am working on a project someone else has setup al the views on, and am unfamiliar of all drawings in the project?

Is there any way of finding this information, or is it really a manual 'compare & find' process

All AUGI, all the time ejburrell67787's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Sheet Revision Tracking of Changes

I think it is a manual search... !
    Elrond Burrell, Architect

[Connect with me on LinkedIn or Twitter]

"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now."
    - Chinese Proverb

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Wish list item - have the name of the sheets that have changed since that last issue was ticked go red in the project browser

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by padgham.graeme View Post
    Imagine i have 50 Drawing sheets.
    I delete a window/door/whatever from my ground floor view.
    This window/door etc has obviously disappeared from elevations/sections/callouts etc,,

I now need to up the revision on all the sheets that has that window/door etc missing from it.
    How do i easily find which of the 50 sheets have a view that would potentially need revising simply!

I can only think of going through the views one by one, then finding the sheet that has that view on it. This is a very time consuming process.
    especially if i am working on a project someone else has setup al the views on, and am unfamiliar of all drawings in the project?

Is there any way of finding this information, or is it really a manual 'compare & find' process
    I think the only thing that could help you is to draw a wall against the object (door or window) you want to delete. This will make Revit pops up a message saying that there's a conflict. If you open (Expand the warning dialog), select the door from the conflict/warning tree and hit "Show" it will open and zoom on all the views where you have that specific door, including callouts. You now know where the extra item that have to be deleted are.

The drawback of using this is that while you are with the warning window open you can't select objects from the main Revit windows (that would be good to select on the fly any objects related to the door that you want to delete, like texts, etc...). But at least you can take note of the critical views to fix.

Another option is just select the door in a plan view, right click and select "Find Referring Views". This will open a list of all views where that specific door is being shown (I won't find the callout, though).

I think the first one is better and you should give it a try.

Andre Carvalho

NavisWorks Moderator david.kingham's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Publish your entire set to dwf, make your changes then re-publish to dwf. Then use the Compare tool in Design Review, it will show you anything that's been changed.