Thread: Can (e) concrete beams snap to sloping slab?

Login to Give a bone

Question Can (e) concrete beams snap to sloping slab?

This is my first major Revit Structure project and ran into this challange: On a 3 level + roof underground garage structure, which was modeled with all levels flat because at the time we didn't know the roof slopes, the architect has now sent us the roof slope information. The roof girders and beam systems were placed at the top of the level with a negative offset for the slab thickness. Now that I'm sloping and warping the slab, the beam framing is staying up flat.
    Is there a way to make the beams snap down to follow the slope of the slab more automatically than either editing them individually or re-inserting them from scratch?
    This is a very large structure so it will be very work intensive to do them one by one.
    Thank you for any help.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Can (e) concrete beams snap to sloping slab?

Only by changing the height offsets that show up on the ends of the beams when you select them, however you can select multiple beams and change the heights of the ends all at once rather then one at a time, obviously the more complicated the roof the more time this is going to take anyway, I prefer using reference lines as any revisions to the roof system are managed alot faster then changing the heights of the beams with the offset command, agian I guess it depends on the complexity of the roof.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Can (e) concrete beams snap to sloping slab?

I prefer to set the active workplain to the top of slab. This tends to work well with RS2009 due to the automatic removal of the duplicated volumes. With this method any modifications to the slab's slope will cause the beams to follow suit. As with most methods there are also some drawbacks: If you have more than one slope direction and have already constrained your beams to the top of an existing slab you will be forced to re-create the beams with the new workplane.