See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "This action has caused the deletion of non-editable workset..."

Certifiable AUGI Addict twiceroadsfool's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default "This action has caused the deletion of non-editable workset..."

This action has caused the deletion of non-editable workset XXX.

You can click Make element Editable, or cancel. This is happening during a Purge Unused, so im not sure why its trying to delete a workset at all. Its not a view workset either, its one of the model worksets. But, the "Make Element Editable" button just brings up the error again, and it just keeps doing that.

Thinking something got corrupted, i deleted the workset and moved those items to Workset 1. Then i tried the purge again, and got the same msg, but now its saying it wants to delete Workset 1. And it still wont follow through... WTF??

NavisWorks Moderator david.kingham's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: "This action has caused the deletion of non-editable workset..."

I'm guessing you have some nested families, and I'm guessing it's Section Head - Min or something along those lines that causing the problem. It is a bug and there is no way for us to fix it. Either leave it and forget about it or send it to support because they can fix it, talk to Don Falkowski.

Certifiable AUGI Addict twiceroadsfool's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

It ended up being a group definition, which was strange. I had/have a group, that has a nested group in it... But the thing is, i dont know why it was trying to delete it in the first place, since it had 4 instances in the model.

However, it was in the Purge unused dialogue, even though it was placed 4 times.

In any event, it was an insignificant group that i (fontunately) didnt need, so i ungrouped the 4 elements, then right click and deleted the group definition from the Project browser. Once it was ungrouped it let me do it...

Login to Give a bone

Has anyone had this cause problems with upgrading a project to 2009? I have had this error for months now on a project that was started a release or two ago and is now 2008. I just let it be, but now when I try to open the project in 2009 I get the following error:

"The Central File was saved in a different version of Revit. To be able to work with the Central File, please re-save it using a separate session and a username that has nothing editable."

We had that happen with another project in the office, so we just opened the file under each username and relinquished all and re-saved and it worked. I've done that with this file too but it's still not working, so I've concluded that it must be this mystery "non-editable workset" that's causing the problem.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Login to Give a bone

This is from Autodesk Support:

"The message you are receiving is an issue that the development team is currently investigating. This error can occur with nested families in a workset environment "

Resolution:

1. Close the Revit application.
    2. Place the attached debug.ini in the C:\Program Files\Revit [varies]\Program directory.
    3. Relaunch Revit and use the purge command. The unused nested components can now be deleted.
    4. Remove the debug.ini from the \Program Files location.

Regards,
    Shruti Harve,
    Ideate,Inc
    http://www.ideateinc.com/educate/index.html
    Attached Files Attached Files

NavisWorks Moderator david.kingham's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

You have to be kidding me, I've been asking for a solution for this since 9.0....support really irks me sometimes.

Thank you for posting this Shruti, it works brilliantly

Login to Give a bone

Someone ungrouped an important group in my project, and it put me in a bad mood.

That's great there's a fix. Wish I knew about this fix months ago though.

Follow up:
    It fixed all our non-deletable items and it works great. I recommend this method for those who are suffering with this problem. However, it is serious when it says it will delete the workset....and everything else on it. Kind of a bad side effect.
    Last edited by mjward1; 2009-01-30 at 03:40 PM.

Login to Give a bone

I just followed Shruti's instructions and got the same error. For me it says I am deleting "non-editable Workset 'Workset1' " Any other ideas?
    Last edited by sweiser; 2009-04-16 at 12:39 PM.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

We have had this same problem on a couple of projects. It seems that Revit gets its wires crossed about which worksets certain elements (or nested families/groups) are on - in one case the corrupt elements were flagged in properties as being in one workset, but it tried to delete a totally different "non-editable" workset when I tried to remove the elements.

Thanks so much to Shruti for the "fix", but I wanted to stress how dangerous it is to use this fix if you do not first move everything else from the workset it wants to delete, before going ahead with it - as it gives no warning. In my case, I used "Purge" to get rid of some unused nested groups/families, and watched on screen as it happily deleted a whole lot of very much used elements on screen.

Autodesk really needs to fix this urgently - everyone who encounters it should put in a formal support request so they know how many people it affects.
    Last edited by twaldock; 2009-04-20 at 07:39 AM.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the tip.

Had this exact problem and it worked for me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast