Thread: Pipe labels profile view not showing up

Login to Give a bone

Talking Pipe labels profile view not showing up

What I have is a small street project with water, storm and sanitary. I've created and labeled every thing in the plan and the profile and it looks good, when I go to create sheets, my labels don't show up in the sheet profiles that it creates. I have the copy pipe network labels to destination drawing checked on the Create Sheets Wizard - Data Ref. Page. Anyone else experience this, I really don't want to relabel averything again in the sheet profiles if I can help it!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Pipe labels profile view not showing up

#1 make sure under Drawing Settings - object layers that the box at the very bottom talking about Immediate and independant layers is checked in both the base files and each and every sheet.

#2 in each sheet make sure on the sheet view near the bottom the Annotative visualization text icon shows it to be "on" not off, usually default is set to off.

#3 if the style still didn't come over time to drag and drop from base file to sheet and apply it once in the model to the pipes in the profile.

#4 if you can see it in model and not paperspace, most likely step #2.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the reply Hedi, I was begining to lose hope. I don't think I explained what I meant quite right. Right now I have my base drawing with everything in it, plan and my profile with everything labeled in both. Next I go to plan production tools - create view frames and it creates the rectangles on my plan where the veiwports will be clipped. After that I again go to plan production tools - create sheets. It asks you to pick a spot in the drawing where your clipped out, so to speak, profiles go for each sheet. This is where my labels aren't showing up, so it is actually the same drawing just the new clipped or trimmed profiles? I hope this makes more sense.

Login to Give a bone

to expand on heidib reply, you need to make sure layers are not frozen in the viewport that the text is going on is frozen in the drawing or the viewport. Go into modelspace and make sure that the labels cam along. If they didn't you will not see them there.

Login to Give a bone

The labels show up in model in the original profile, so the layer is on, they just aren't showing up in the clipped profile in model, unless I go through and add labels again in the new clipped profile, which is what I am trying to get away from. I attached a dwg that will hopefully help explain what I mean, sorry for the confusion.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Cool Re: Pipe labels profile view not showing up

Quote Originally Posted by sbullinger View Post
    What I have is a small street project with water, storm and sanitary. I've created and labeled every thing in the plan and the profile and it looks good, when I go to create sheets, my labels don't show up in the sheet profiles that it creates. I have the copy pipe network labels to destination drawing checked on the Create Sheets Wizard - Data Ref. Page. Anyone else experience this, I really don't want to relabel averything again in the sheet profiles if I can help it!
    I had the same problem. I told my boss "I tried everything". Then he told me to run the "AUDIT" command. Everything is displaying now.

1. Run the Audit command
    2. Regen all
    3. Celebrate your newfound ability to fix AutoCAD drawings

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan.Sarlos731824 View Post
    I had the same problem. I told my boss "I tried everything". Then he told me to run the "AUDIT" command. Everything is displaying now.

1. Run the Audit command
    2. Regen all
    3. Celebrate your newfound ability to fix AutoCAD drawings
    That did not work for me. Profiles created in sheets do not have the labels from the source dwg? Any other ideas?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by boris420310 View Post
    That did not work for me. Profiles created in sheets do not have the labels from the source dwg? Any other ideas?
    You're replying to a thread that's been inactive for 2+ years, FWIW.

If you want the source DWG Labels to show up in a sheet drawing, XREF the source drawing instead of creating Profiles in sheets.

If you want to create Profiles in sheets, then Label them in sheets accordingly.
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000