Thread: Plotting Issue - Sheets print off center

Login to Give a bone

Default Plotting Issue - Sheets print off center

Went to print a set of drawings today and 10 of the 12 sheets came out fine but 2 of them are off center. The sheet background is the same 24x36 and the print settings are identical but these to rogue sheets have an extra 2" of blank space at the bottom while the top of the sheet is being cut off. I tried changing all sorts of print settings but I am at a lose.

Thanks

Tim

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Plotting Issue - Sheets print off center

Have you checked if there's no objects, texts or lines outside the titleblock area?

Andre Carvalho

Login to Give a bone

That shouldn't actually matter, as long as there are no objects other than views and the title block in the sheet's paper space.

I have a site plan view with no crop region, that extends way outside the boundaries of a 11x17 title block, but when I print the sheet view zoomed to 100% and centered, the title block is still centered and any part of the site plan view outside the title block area gets cut off.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by patricks View Post
    That shouldn't actually matter, as long as there are no objects other than views and the title block in the sheet's paper space.
    Actually it can. We had a titleblock which had a jpeg image which extended slightly off the sheet. Even though the image was turned off using a visibility parameter, it still caused the sheet to print incorrectly.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by patricks View Post

I have a site plan view with no crop region, that extends way outside the boundaries of a 11x17 title block, but when I print the sheet view zoomed to 100% and centered, the title block is still centered and any part of the site plan view outside the title block area gets cut off.
    What I meant is that I've seen cases where people write notes outside of the titleblock (like "reminder" notes that aren't part of any view. Just typed directly on the sheet) and this has caused that specific sheet to print off the center because Revit centered the print considering that "note" as being part of the sheet.

Andre Carvalho

Login to Give a bone

I had a .tif that extended past the sheet edge and that was causing the issue.

Thanks for the help.

Tim

Login to Give a bone

I'm having the same kind of problem. had printer setting to 100% center. Fist page prints slightly off.. never had this issue before.. and now.. !!!!
    Also tried to offset from corner printer limit and now the 2nd page is off.. I am running out of patience. any ideas?? All viewports info in contained within the extents of the titleblock and so idk.. I simply can't SEE what the ******* is going on ..

Login to Give a bone

I had a similar problem last week and chalked it up to the sheet getting dragged out of place from where it was originally placed when created. I know this may be drastic, but what I did to correct was create a new sheet and dragged all the views and schedule to the new sheet, deeted the old one that had nothing left on it, and renamed the new one to take the place of the old one.

Login to Give a bone

FIX - WORKAROUND
    Draw a text box on sheet overlapping page boundary. ie inside and outside the page print area.
    Do a print preview.
    Move just the title block to where it should be printing.
    Adjust overlapping text box boundary width to control printed area...!!!!
    ENJOY