See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: 10 tips

Login to Give a bone

Default 10 tips

My favorite tips:

- Nudge (Use your arrow keys to move objects around. Its not accurate but perfect for text especially as the movement amount is zoom sensitive.)

- SZ (Snap option to close a chain of lines for floors, profiles etc.)

- Blue (Represent links in Levels symbols, Section markers etc. if double clicked; also represent linked values ie. parameters in tags, that turn blue after selecting them.)

- Shift + Control (Toggles elements in/out of the selection set when pressed together)

- Mirror axis (There is a pen button to create an axis after you have selected the command.)

- Surfaces are defined by material (can be overriden), lines are defined by category.

- Edit wall join can be selected before joining walls up, to disable jointing and indicating them as separate elements.

- Right clicking on sheet names in the browser allows them to be copied and pasted with all added text notes, detail elements etc. (Only works on empty sheets ie. no views dragged in.)

- Ctrl Drag will copy the elements, while it also lets you see them (not available in ordinary copying).

- Grouping text to a reference line will allow you to rotate them together in a family. (Rotatable column tag enclosed – a long standing wish.)

Enjoy
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: 10 tips

Thank you for the angled tag. It has been something I have looked and looked for and tried and tried.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 10 tips

found this post thru a google search - what a great idea. thanks for sharing!

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 10 tips

Thank you for sharing indeed! However I have been running a problem when I rotate the group at different angles. It seems to work perfectly until I rotate the dang thing to 0° then to any other angle. I locked the end of the reference line to the intersection of the ref planes and after rotating the group around the LOCKED end of the ref line breaks away from the intersection for some reason. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?