Thread: Error 1316 when trying to install multiple Revit packages via GPO

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Error 1316 when trying to install multiple Revit packages via GPO

As the title states I am attempting to install all of the Revit 2008 packages (Architecture, MEP and Structure) as well as AutoCAD MEP 2008 to a relatively large group of computers using Group Policy. I am only able to get the first one of the packages to install, the next in line fails with the following error:

Error 1316.A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file...

If I remove the first package in the GPO so that it is uninstalled on the workstation, then the next package in line installs and the one after that fails with aforementioned error.

We have had no problems using this method to install the other AutoCAD products we use only the Architecture/Building ones.

Has anyone else seen this or does anyone have any ideas how to make this work? We need to be able to install these products without any user intervention whatsoever and the number of workstations precludes manual installs in the timeline we have to get it done. Like that's never happened before.

Thanks in advance,

Bruce

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Error 1316 when trying to install multiple Revit packages via GPO

Error 1316 is an irritating installation error. It pops up when a software is being installed, uninstalled or repaired on your computer. You may get the following description while seeing this error: Error 1316:
    "A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file: :\Install.msi"
    Are you wondered what causes this glitch? No need to worry. This article is all about the simple and user friendly steps that help you fix error 1316 Windows 7.

1. Use Windows Installer Clean Up
    2. Use a Registry Fixing Utility
    3. Change Windows Installer Registry Information
    4. Check the Security Details of the Concerning File
    Last edited by Wanderer; 2012-02-15 at 03:04 PM. Reason: removed unvalidated link

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Error 1316 when trying to install multiple Revit packages via GPO

it sounds like the part of the service that grabs the licences pool its not locating them. The MSI might have to be custom made to allow it to pull from your pool. or else you could be loading the GPO as a service running it locally and its only allowing one copy