I am currently using Civil 3D and I am setting up a standard company template to use. I am digging deep and removing the layers that we do not use in our business. We do beach work and don't have much use for roadways and pipes etc. I have dug deep into the settings of tool space to change which layers objects are placed in to my own setup. I removed the Auto cads general layers that are automatically installed from start. To give a board idea what I have done to help understand my question is that in this case: I went and changed the table stlye for the alignment from the default to a layer created by me Alignment Table. This helps when we create an alignment corridor etc to automatically place into the layer I created. it helps with not having it drop into the 0 layer and having to find and move into another layer. Currently i have removed most of the default layers but i can not seem to find were C-Road- layers are located. When trying to delete them, it states they are in use but i can not seem find were. So far i have changed everything to the 0 layer to clean it up then restart naming as i go. If this makes any sense let me know what you think. Another example to help is that for each kind of contours style when in use will drop into its own individual layer so all i would have to do is cut on and off layers instead of change settings. This way i can cut on and off multiple styles to demonstrate a plan were in some cases we need two or more. Thanks.