I'm using ACA 2008 with FMD 7.1.

I created all of my spaces (all in one go, so they shouldn't have duplicate 'number's, as I've experienced in the past and I know will cause problems). Then, I made sure all of the space 'Name's were unique (using our standard space tag of CC-##-###).

Now I'm ready to use this existing space plan with FMD.

I log the drawing, apply FMSpaces Property Set Definition (PSD) and sundry.

Now, my problem comes; in the Extended Data Tab in AutoCAD Architecture.

There are two fields, 'Name' and 'Number' that I'm concerned with. I'd like to copy the field 'name' into the field 'number' so that it's unique, and I can more easily identify the space once it's imported into FMD, without the meaningless 'number' field to throw me off and take up space.

I'd like to know how to batch change that, if it's possible?

I could go into FMD and copy over the column from the backend, but, while that seems to work for my database, it's going to break my connection with the original drawing, making future updates a nightmare and require a huge amount of rework. But, obviously this would be the quickest and simplest way of achieving the result I want (for now). I can't think of how it might be accomplished in ACA...

I'd love some advice/insight on how I should be going about fixing it, or if I could possible avoid this issue at all...

Thanks for your time,