Thread: Revit Architecture model in MEP...heated rooms

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Revit Architecture model in MEP...heated rooms

Im curious, that if my Revit Architecture model is edited within Revit MEP and the spaces are defined for heated and non-heated then saved opened backj into Architecture will they still exist?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit Architecture model in MEP...heated rooms

Quote Originally Posted by still.james View Post
    Im curious, that if my Revit Architecture model is edited within Revit MEP and the spaces are defined for heated and non-heated then saved opened backj into Architecture will they still exist?
    If I recall you could do that but certain information will get left behind in MEP as Revit architecture is not designed to incorporate heat load.

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

RME has spaces, instead of rooms, for their own calculations. Editing the room in RME won't really do much for you or them. You can however use the IES plug-in for RAC to do preliminary Heating and Cooling Load reports based on your room data.

If you edit a RAC file in RME it won't harm your data but you won't be able to access or in some cases "see" added data specific to RME because RAC doesn't have RME features enabled.

Login to Give a bone

I added spaces to my RME model,(architectural is linked) but they didn't pick up the room names and designations from the architectural model. I have the feeling that I am missing something...setting?/// I have all the 300 spaces as numbers now and i need to go one by one to change that to the right room name

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by 1N. View Post
    I added spaces to my RME model,(architectural is linked) but they didn't pick up the room names and designations from the architectural model. I have the feeling that I am missing something...setting?/// I have all the 300 spaces as numbers now and i need to go one by one to change that to the right room name
    -There is a trick to showing room names on spaces, you need to go into the space tag family and edit the tag to show the room name instead of the space name and that 'usually' works. It doesnt actually name the spaces though and for the mech calcs it still shows "space #" but at least graphically (and in the schedules) it works. there needs to be a way to import rooms names directly into the spaces but as far as I know there's not. -Just putting them side by side in a schedule and typing them over... -Hope it helps