Thread: Dimension Issues

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Question Dimension Issues

I have set up my dimension type to show a centerline and a centerline symbols when dimensioning to the center of something. I am running into issues when I dimension to something that is obviously not the center and the centerline shows up. I thought that maybe it was because I was dimensioning to a reference plan in the detail component but I toggled through to the appropriate edge with no change. I know I can override the line type but the centerline symbol still shows up. I have only run into this when dimensioning details. Any help is appreciated.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Dimension Issues

Is it one particular family that generates the unwanted CL or all of them?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Chris DiSunno View Post
    Is it one particular family that generates the unwanted CL or all of them?
    There is no real pattern. It is very random. Here is an example of one. On some details we have created generic detail components that are nothing more than a filled region, i.e. concrete stem wall. We made width and height instance parameters so we could customize it to the detail or section. We created it as a detail component so we could utilize the keynoting function.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Edit your family, and look for the reference planes there. Verify if the one at the center of your family is the one set to "Center (Left/Right)" or "Center (Front/Back)". You can find this by selecting the reference plane > Properties > Is Reference : Center.

You can only have one "Center (Left/Right)" and "Center (Front/Back)" in your family, so make sure they are the ones in the center. This is the plane that will define where the dimension should add the CL mark.

Andre Carvalho

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Carvalho View Post
    Edit your family, and look for the reference planes there. Verify if the one at the center of your family is the one set to "Center (Left/Right)" or "Center (Front/Back)". You can find this by selecting the reference plane > Properties > Is Reference : Center.

You can only have one "Center (Left/Right)" and "Center (Front/Back)" in your family, so make sure they are the ones in the center. This is the plane that will define where the dimension should add the CL mark.

Andre Carvalho
    You make a great point. I think I may have drawn them and aligned the lines with the reference planes. I'll look into it. Thanks.