Thread: How are Shade Plot settings controlled?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default How are Shade Plot settings controlled?

Hi all,

I'm curious as to what determines which settings are used when you set a viewport to use the Hidden Shade Plot setting.

Here's my problem: I'm using AMEP'09 and the Project Navigator (PN). I have my drawings set up to use style-based plot styles (.stb), and the .stb file is set to print in monochrome (at different lineweights). I'm trying to print a 3D isometric view of some ductwork, and I'd like to use a Hidden style so that it's not just a huge mess of lines.

When I'm in the Construct (PN speak for the drawing where my ductwork is located), I can make a layout tab with a viewport set to Hidden, and it plots out in monochrome (yay!). However, the lineweights are not correct (they're all the same thickness), but this isn't really a big deal. Additionally, it behaves the same way in my View drawing as well (PN speak for the drawing my Construct is xref'd in to).

The problem comes in when I'm in my Sheet drawing (PN speak for the drawing that xrefs several Views together to put onto a single layout). In my Sheet drawing, when I set the 3D viewport to Hidden, it won't plot in monochrome, only color. If I change the display style to 2D wireframe and the ShadePlot to 'As Displayed' then it works fine (monochrome+lineweights), but it's an completely incomprehensible jumble of lines. I really need to figure out how to get it to plot Hidden and in monochrome in this Sheet drawing.

I realize that the 'Hidden' ShadePlot setting is the same as the Hide command in the Render toolbar, so maybe there's a setting in Render that can control this? (I've looked, but can't quite figure it out.)

So basically, my question is: How can I plot a Hidden 3D view in monocrhome?

Any ideas and help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    -Brad

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Re: How are Shade Plot settings controlled?

I am having the same problem. Using my company standard .stb file the hidden view ports are plotted by color. I do not understand why this would be if the drawing file is style based. To resolve this problem I had to revert back to AutoCAD MEP 2008.

Does anyone have any idea?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: How are Shade Plot settings controlled?

That's interesting that it works correctly in AMEP 2008.

I'm still clueless as to how to get it to work in 2009. I don't know if it would work with a .ctb style or not (although I think I read somewhere that it doesn't). I think I may just have to do a workaround and change all the line colors to white in my View so that they're black when they plot.

Here's to hoping this is resolved
    -Brad

Login to Give a bone

It sounds like a regression bug. The problem existed in earlier versions of AutoCAD and must have been fixed in 08, then reintroduced.

Critical: use http://www.autodesk.com/feedback to report the regression. Use the phrase "regression" in the report. Explain fully that it was fixed in 2008 and returned in 2009.
    R. Robert Bell
    Design Technology Manager
    Stantec
    Opinions expressed are mine alone and do not reflect the views of Stantec.

Login to Give a bone

I've reported the problem. With any luck we'll get an answer!