Thread: beg for a document about how wide use of ACA

Login to Give a bone

Default beg for a document about how wide use of ACA

I need persuade someone to make ACA be an official software for his company. who is in charge of a more than one thousand architects design group.
    You know in my country, only a few people had heard of the name of ACA. Less than 5 groups make it be an official one.
    I need some data, real data, which could show how wide use of ACA in U.S and Europe, how popular is it.Just like how many company use/how long they used/what great buildings they designed by ACA.
    A sell book is fine.
    I know it is not about how to use ACA, but if it works, the count of ACA user will raise a lot, so I think it is a good deed, please help.My email: naralee@126.com

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: beg for a document about how wide use of ACA

In the USA, I believe the use of ACA is dropping significantly. The Autodesk website, or someone at Autodesk can tell you how many licenses of each have been sold.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

I use ACA extensively but only a 2 man outfit and enjoy using it doing residential and small commercial projects. I have rejected the idea of moving to Revit and I don't think it give me any real benefit from now. Having said that, if a new practise was starting up now with all the training and set ahead I don't think I would recommend ACA as Autodesk itself is moving away from it as development and bug fixes are poor. It's a great and powerful product but each new release has more bugs that improvement. Revit is not SO much better but it is Adesk's focus and future. For me I will stick with ACA as I know it very well and am already set up but if someone is starting from scratch I would look at Revit as well as Archicad, cadsoft, Bricscad, Chief Architect and vectorworks.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

neje, I was also an entrenched ACA user, with many years invested in learning the ins and outs of the software. I rejected Revit for a while for the same reasons you listed, and more. And now that I have been in Revit for less than a year, I don't know what I was thinking.