Thread: Angled parking arround a curve

Login to Give a bone

Question Angled parking arround a curve

I have this complicated parking field with all of the parking bays being based around concentric arcs. The client now wants to go with one way drive isles along the outermost arc. So this means I now need to do angled parking. The city requires 60 degree angled and 9 foot width stalls. Anyone know an easy way to do this?

So far I have derived my 60 degree angle from a line tangential to the outermost arc and starting at the beginning point of the first stall, then offset 9 feet. Checked the distance along the arc between the two lines, then I did an array with that distance, and filled the angle I desired. The result is less than perfect, but it will do if no one has a better way.

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum, but I figured there where some civil people who here who have done some interesting commercial layouts.

Thanks!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Angled parking arround a curve

Land desktop has a layout tool for laying out parking stalls, and included curves. The problem is that it does not do angled parking around a curve. C3D has some parking tools in the tool palettes, but does not include parking around a curve. I think your best bet is to do what you did. Draw a couple of lines close to where they need to be and then do a polar array to lay out the rest.

All AUGI, all the time brian.hailey933139's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Angled parking arround a curve

If you know the spacing along the curve, use the measure command and select a block that is made from a line rotated at the appropriate angle.