Thread: Phasing of Linked Revit Models

Login to Give a bone

Default Phasing of Linked Revit Models

When you have a linked model that needs to be shown as 'existing' (or any other phase), the process to make it show up correctly in the view seems very cumbersome. Between the Phase Mapping options, visibility overrides, and not to mention changing the phase of the elements in the linked model... there seems to be too many options to efficiently control this procedure. The amount of combinations seem endless, and there was a lot of trial and error on my part to get the desired result. Has anyone had great success with this function, and can explain it in a simplified way. Right now, I'd be hard pressed to find a novice user that could set up a view with the correct phasing of a linked Revit model properly.

Thanks.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Phasing of Linked Revit Models

I have similar gripes with Phasing of Linked Models. For Instance, I have a linked model that is copied a number of times on a site in the main model and I want to show individual instances of the (same) linked model in various phases but it doesn't look like that is an option even by managing phases in the linked model.

Any suggestions?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Phasing of Linked Revit Models

Quote Originally Posted by aaronryba View Post
    I have similar gripes with Phasing of Linked Models. For Instance, I have a linked model that is copied a number of times on a site in the main model and I want to show individual instances of the (same) linked model in various phases but it doesn't look like that is an option even by managing phases in the linked model.

Any suggestions?
    You could make a "local" (or detached) copy on your server of the linked in files with a different name. Then it could be updated periodically You would have to replace the linked instances with other ones and change the phase mapping as needed.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Cool Re: Phasing of Linked Revit Models

You might try using View Templates, in the "main model" to control Visibility and Phase settings for Linked models.

You might also try using Worksets and/or Filters along with View Templates
    and overall Phase Settings to get the desired results.

I agree, the tools do seem endless and it does take quite a bit of trial and error--
    but the good news is there usually is a way to display just what it is you are after,
    automatically and to have the power to apply that globally to multiple Views and
    Sheets.

( Imagine trying to do that in Cadd--or another "BIM" software......)

cheers..........