Thread: Strange Things

I could stop if I wanted to Doodlemusmaximus's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Angry Strange Things

Okay I am really pulling my hair out with this one. In fact I've never come across this before so I'm hoping someone out there has some idea. We've just had 2008 installed (I know a bit behind the times) and it seems to have a bit of a hiccup occasionally. you'll draw something, or offset it by a set amount and when it comes to it the distance isn't what you put in. For instance I'll put in an offset of say 8000 and then measure it only to find it is 800.00258 blah de blah. I'm sure your getting the picture by now.

Anyway I thought it was the drawing but it does it on different drawings and on everyone’s machine in the office. So hence why I'm thinking its a program or set up problem.

If you can let me know as its most annoying.

Cheers in advance

Doodlemus

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Strange Things

Check your LUPREC, set it to something higher than 0 (e.g. 4). Do the OFFSET type in the 8000, then cancel out of OFFSET and start it again. What's displayed in the default:
    • If the default displays something like <8000.3424> then you are probably picking up some other entity close to that point instead of AC reading the input from keyboard it measures between the 2 points given. To get around this, open Tools --> Options, go to the User Preferences page & change the "Priority for Coordinate Data Entry" to one of the "Keyboard entry" options. Or just turn OSNAP, POLAR or DYN off (status bar) while you're typing in a value.
    • If the default displays something like <8000.0000> then check if you're in a different UCS. Maybe the XY plane is slightly off.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Doodlemusmaximus View Post
    Okay I am really pulling my hair out with this one. In fact I've never come across this before so I'm hoping someone out there has some idea. We've just had 2008 installed (I know a bit behind the times) and it seems to have a bit of a hiccup occasionally. you'll draw something, or offset it by a set amount and when it comes to it the distance isn't what you put in. For instance I'll put in an offset of say 8000 and then measure it only to find it is 800.00258 blah de blah. I'm sure your getting the picture by now.

Anyway I thought it was the drawing but it does it on different drawings and on everyone’s machine in the office. So hence why I'm thinking its a program or set up problem.

If you can let me know as its most annoying.

Cheers in advance

Doodlemus
    Can't replicate the problem in my MEP2008, distances are spot on. 2009 seems fine too.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

It might be that the value of X is not "0". How'd you measure it? Try measuring it by perpendicular.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Otherwise, are you using Object tracking and polar snaps? The 2008 threw me ... had a similar prob with 2007 due to these. See this thread: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=69448