Thread: Multiple Monitor Support

Wish List Administration

Default Multiple Monitor Support

This wish was Rejected on October 27, 2008

Summary: Allow Revit to better handle dual monitor operation. Such as have Project and System Browsers "remember" the monitor they were last placed and return to that location whenever a file is opened.

Description: Allow Revit to better handle dual monitor operation. Such as have Project and System Browsers "remember" the monitor they were last placed and return to that location whenever a file is opened.

How Used: Get more real estate on the main monitor to result in less zooming and panning.

Feature Affinity: Other

Submitted By: Edward Kennedy on July 7, 2008

Last edited by Revit Wishes; 2008-10-27 at 03:28 PM.

100 Club

Default Re: Multiple Monitor Support

Why was this rejected?

I can't believe this was rejected. It must have been too hard to program. Any application that has tiles or multiple windows like Revit does, SHOULD be multiple monitor enabled, allowing you to place your windows (or dialog boxes) outside of the application.

Take away multiple monitor support like in 3ds and see what kind of feedback you get.

I could stop if I wanted to zanzibarbob7's Avatar

This is also something I requested and have for a long time. Photoshop will do it and it makes work so much more efficient. I want to park a 3D view and a section on the other screen while I work in plan. Same with a family i'm editing. Adobe has had this for a few years. Please reconsider it.

All AUGI, all the time mlgatzke's Avatar

I'm not privy once your wish goes further upstream, but I know this wish has been requested many times. It was probably rejected because it was a repeat wish. We can only submit a wish item once. Don't worry, many others (including me) want to see this hinderance resolved.

I just resubmitted a wish list request directly based on what I said above. Maybe the other didn't get through. Judging by the "views" of this post it may be of some interest to users.

As an aside and to demonstrate my "piginess," I have two 21" monitors now but Monday I take delivery of two 30" monitors. With my current computer/video card, I can only run two, but this spring I hope to rectify that with a new system so I can flank the two 30" monitors with the 21"ers turned vertical. Now THAT'S a PIG!

Thomas - Not to sound rude but my goodness, are you blind?? Haha... I am very happy with my setup of 3 17" widescreens... running 3ds Max, Revit, AutoCAD and NavisWorks all at the same time can be quite squished on anything less!

I have my setup know, and love it. I had two 21" monitors but I wanted to upgrade my computer for 64 bit AND I wanted the 30" screens. My old computer video card wouldn't handle the resolution of two 30"ers. I upgraded to a quad core with two video cards and 12gb RAM. I wasn't going to get rid of the 21"ers and I use the old computer for my 21" Wacom Cintiq and another 20" monitor.

Once you sit down to work here, you don't want to leave. Having a great workspace makes life more enjoyable. I regret nothing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

All AUGI, all the time mlgatzke's Avatar

Bob,

Beautiful setup. I run a setup similar to yours, but alas, I only have dual 24s instead of the 30s. Don't you just LOVE the Cintiq? Take care.