Thread: Arrow OR Tab Key Function In Lisp?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Arrow OR Tab Key Function In Lisp?

First, can the ARROW key be programmed in a list routine?

When you open a file and close it, AutoCAD asks if you would like to “Save Changes To (file path)”. Very good for safety! However, in the office, occasionally, I tend to open a bunch of files I would rather view on the workspace for better view. When I use the “Close All” function in the Window menu, I get (traditionally) “Save Changes To (file path).

Under normal circumstance, I will ALWAYS use the TAB key or use the right-arrow key to move my action to “NO” so the current file would not be saved. Is there a way to suppress this request dialog box from showing and just close the opened drawing (by adding the arrow-key function in my toolbar button)? If so, what would be the function in programming to use?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Arrow OR Tab Key Function In Lisp?

i'm not completely sure what your asking. what i gather is that you open and start a new drawing and leave it open then when you use CLOSEALL it prompts to save to a path.

BUT....i'm going to assume that you are also opening drawings that already have been saved.

use SAVEALL first it automatically Q-saves all drawings to the default path. and prompts for the save path of new drawings. CLOSEALL then closes all drawings without prompts. when i go home at night those are the last two commands i give.

SAVEALL
    CLOSEALL
    hit the X
    go home
    open beer
    (taskes may vary after this)

Hope this helps.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Arrow OR Tab Key Function In Lisp?

Quote Originally Posted by omorah View Post
    First, can the ARROW key be programmed in a list routine?
    Not that I'm aware of, but I'm not a LISP guru by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by omorah View Post
    Is there a way to suppress this request dialog box from showing and just close the opened drawing (by adding the arrow-key function in my toolbar button)? If so, what would be the function in programming to use?
    I don't know that you can do it the way you want to, but another approach would be to use VBA.

I tried using CLOSEALL in a LISP command statement, but the input required vaires from the first drawing to the second, making things difficult.

The simplest VBA approach that I can think of would be to get the collection of open documents and then iterate through them with a FOR...NEXT loop. Something like this:

Code:
    Dim objAcadApp As AutoCAD.AcadApplication
    Dim objAcadDocs As AutoCAD.AcadDocuments
    Dim objThisDwg As AutoCAD.AcadDocument

Set objAcadDocs = objAcadApp.Documents
    For Each objThisDwg In objAcadDocs
        objThisDwg.Close(False)
    Next
    Note: The above code is not tested, but should be able to form the basis of a solution for you.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

- Kristin Wilson, Nintendo, Inc., 1989.