Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: remove all constraints at once?

Login to Give a bone

Default remove all constraints at once?

I am trying to rotate a title block. It seems quite impossible without removing the constraints. Is there a way to remove all constraints without actually clicking each individual one? There are hundreds! I'm trying to remove all so that I can rotate and then I will constain as needed. Thanks for your help.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: remove all constraints at once?

If you are trying to change from a landscape to a portrait layout then you right click the sheet you want to change in the browser and select 'edit sheet', from there it should be very simple. I have never had to do what is sounds like you are trying to do, but maybe I am not understanding your request correctly.

Hope this helps, Paul

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by pauldoubet View Post
    If you are trying to change from a landscape to a portrait layout then you right click the sheet you want to change in the browser and select 'edit sheet', from there it should be very simple. I have never had to do what is sounds like you are trying to do, but maybe I am not understanding your request correctly.

Hope this helps, Paul

I have one layout for a 11x17 landscape page. On this layout, my custom title block is rotated 90 degrees (so that you can read it, if you turn the page sideways).

I am now trying to create an 8.5x11 portrait page. The problem is that when I switch to portrait and change the position of the title block. It does not rotate down to the bottom of my 8.5x11, like I'd like (i.e. - the title block is still rotated 90 degrees, like in the landscape).

Login to Give a bone

I have quite a few custom title blocks. I will take a closer look and get back to you when I see what might be the best solution.

Paul

Login to Give a bone

I have attached a file showing the typical way of using edit sheet to change from a 11 x 17 landscape to 11 x 17 portrait. The same thing happens with any sheet size. Basically what you are seeing is a change of dimension for the border, there is no rotation of the border or title block required. Are you seeing some different behavior when you edit sheet? If so how did you go about creating the title block and sheet format?

Hope this helps, Paul
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Yeah, here is a picture of the problem. I want the drawing to look exactly the same as it is in the first picture, but be in a portrait view instead of landscape.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

I have had to remove all constraints individually as well when trying to do this. The only fix I came across was to create the titleblocks using a rotation parameter, ensuring there were no vertical or horizontal constraints applied automatically when sketching. If you use any sort of hatching or solid fill, you will probably have to re-apply it. I have had to in every case when I have done a rotation.

I'm sure one of the VBA gurus can whip up a routine to remove all constraints, but then you will have to re-apply them all again. More fun than I want to have.. again..

Login to Give a bone

Not 100% sure what you're trying to achieve, the files you attached showed a portrait and landscape border/title block with the title block in the same spot? am i right in saying you want a portrait view with the title block in the lower left corner?

anyways, i had a play with some VBA and got you code to delete all constraints in the title block sketch definition... it's pretty slow but i can't be bothered trying to figure out why.

I was going to be tricky and use autodimension to re-instate the constraints once rotated... but i can't seem to figure out how to access auto-dimension via the API... someone smarter might know how...

Cheers

Gerrard

Code:
    Sub DeleteTitleBlockConstraints()
    Set oDoc = ThisApplication.ActiveDocument
    Set osheet = oDoc.ActiveSheet
    Set otblockconst = osheet.TitleBlock.Definition.Sketch.GeometricConstraints

On Error Resume Next

Do While Not j = otblockconst.Count
        i = 0
        For Each kgeometricconstraints In otblockconst
            i = i + 1
            If otblockconst.Item(i).Deletable = True Then
                otblockconst.Item(i).Delete
            End If
        Next
        j = i
    Loop

End Sub

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Red face Re: remove all constraints at once?

Quote Originally Posted by timothyjturner View Post
    Is there a way to remove all constraints without actually clicking each individual one?
    Yes, upgrade to r2009.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by JD Mather View Post
    Yes, upgrade to r2009.
    Look at the attachment... he is using 2009, and the command is there in 2008 as well

I tried that command last night at home (2009 SP1), and it didn't work... i'm trying it again now at work (2008, SP3), and it's painfully slow then doesn't work, i wouldn't recommend that command... i assume you've done the same, and it worked fine for you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast