Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Biggest Revit Annoyances...

Login to Give a bone

OK, just a fun topic for a friday: what are the things that annoy you the most in Revit?

Me:
    That if you pan/zoom in the middle of a command, and then cancel out of that command with Esc, that Revit will sometimes bounce back to the orginal view you had prior to starting the command. This screws me up all the time, esp. on slower large models that take time to regen.

That Revit still doesn't know how to jive with my dual monitor setup.

That you can't make project families, like walls, export onto specific layers within a DXF/DWG.

The Plant Editor in Accurender.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Biggest Revit Annoyances...

Ditto. that jumping back to the previous view drives me NUTS. Haven't figured a way around that one yet. That's probably the worst. I thought there was a plant editor in accurender?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by GS Fulton
    I thought there was a plant editor in accurender?
    There is a plant editor in accurender. Try using it and I think you will see why JMcG included it in his list.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey McGrew
    OK, just a fun topic for a friday: what are the things that annoy you the most in Revit?
    Although I already know many people disagree with my opinion, the biggest annoyance I've found is that you need to use 2D detailing tools for fixing drawing problems in the 3D model. I could admit working in 2D for construction details (and even in such case it could be argueable), but I totally disagree about using 2D tools when modelling the 3D virtual building.

Another annoyance is about families parameters. In some situations, specially when a family is inserted inside a group, the component is not correctly regenerated if you change a parameter (no matter if you do it from the Properties dialog or from the Family Editor), so the only way is to delete de component, purge the family, and reload it (you sometimes really need to purge the family, or otherwise it will inherit the previous parameter value). This is annoying because of the extra work required to workaround it.

Login to Give a bone

The current status of parameters bugs me. It seems like they are not very consistent in functionality between family and project. Often times I have make a family that seems to flex well in the family editor, but then when its loaded into the project, it doen't function. I had this problem with arrayed mullions in a window that I made and also with a titleblock which had an NFC (not for const) label in it. Worked fine in the family editor, but then didn't in the project.

JC

Login to Give a bone

As newbie, I can say that the lack of explination about concepts and the sketchy help files are my biggest annoyance. Also, the tutorials only brush the surface of most commands and often do not provide real world solutions.

After sitting through 6 days of training we (our group) still do not know how to construct some of our more complex real world walls - you know, the kinds with multiple materials, multiple brick patterns, foundations, EIFS parapets, etc. The instructors were not much help, each with a different approach none of which worked well and none of which we really understood.

Perhaps we just don't get the concept of building walls, which leads back to the original gripe.

Login to Give a bone

Groups and Worksets.

Groups just don't work for well over 50% of the uses we need them for.

Worksets just cripple our workflow.
    Scott D. Brown, AIA
    Senior Project Manager | Associate

BECK

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by M. Stephenson
    After sitting through 6 days of training we (our group) still do not know how to construct some of our more complex real world walls - you know, the kinds with multiple materials, multiple brick patterns, foundations, EIFS parapets, etc. The instructors were not much help, each with a different approach none of which worked well and none of which we really understood.
    Who provided the training? Revit staff or a reseller?

Login to Give a bone

Not being able to copy/paste from one Revit model to another!

Login to Give a bone

finger, why can't you copy from one project to another, I do it all the time.
    Scott D. Brown, AIA
    Senior Project Manager | Associate

BECK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast