Thread: creating electrical devices. HELP!

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default creating electrical devices. HELP!

i am in the process of creating new electrical devices for my company and am having trouble getting them to work the way i want. i.e. i am creating devices that contain annotation (text), and i need the text to stay horizontal when rotated. i am able to get to that point however when the device is rotated the text is rotating on a point out in space and then leaves the device and is shown out in space....i have posted numerous threads on autodesks website and no one can help me, is there anyone here that can help me?

I could stop if I wanted to RenataP's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: creating electrical devices. HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by bryan_lassen View Post
    i am in the process of creating new electrical devices for my company and am having trouble getting them to work the way i want. i.e. i am creating devices that contain annotation (text), and i need the text to stay horizontal when rotated. i am able to get to that point however when the device is rotated the text is rotating on a point out in space and then leaves the device and is shown out in space....i have posted numerous threads on autodesks website and no one can help me, is there anyone here that can help me?
    Ace (autocad electrical software) does not encourage creating rotating text. The program is provided with a toolbar button to rotate attribute text. We generally create vertical and matching horizontal blocks.
    If you are creating a block using regular autocad you might want to ask those working with dynamic block where there is a rotate action.
    Here is a link to some dynamic blocks forum - http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=740

Sorry I could not be more helpful. Creating blocks can be very frustrating and time consuming.