Thread: Model Starts Dissolving then Fatal Error

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Question Model Starts Dissolving then Fatal Error

Our users are having an issue where as they are modeling they notice that even though they are on shaded view it starts becomming transparent then they will receive a fatal error. The first time we saw this was in July and at the time it was only one user and only while he was working in a family. Since then we've seen this on 3 users and in a working file. Sometimes you have the option to save as and exit. Other times you do not get the option to save. I have attached some images to this to show you exactly what is going on. All the images are in Shaded view as you will see. Our computers have 4GB of Ram not using the 3GB switch and are nvidia video cards. Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Certifiable AUGI Addict twiceroadsfool's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Model Starts Dissolving then Fatal Error

When it does it, you need to recreate the 3D view, and delete the affected view. It has something to do with the View Cube, i believe.... But a lot of people are experiencing it.

Which Buffalo Firm is using Revit these days? I spent 5 years out there at UB Arch.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

I just e-mailed this to one of the guys at the AEC booth that was on the QA/QC side of Revit. I'll keep you all informed if he sends me something. Hopefully he'll chime in here instead...

Login to Give a bone

All that digging around we did trying to MAKE it happen, hehehehehe.... Good ol AUGI

Login to Give a bone

Hi all--

Kelly just sent this to me, and I was able to find it in our bug system. We believe that it was fixed in R2009 Web Release 2. If someone finds it in WR2 or WR3, please let me know.

The developers think that this issue had to do with "large coordinates in the file, almost certainly introduced via a large-coordinate dwg import."

In a pinch, a project that is corrupted by this can be repaired by support I believe.

Thanks,

Trey

trey.klein@autodesk.com

Login to Give a bone

I havent seen it happen in awhile, but i am certain it happened in files that did NOT have large coordinates in the file. An end user was having it in a building of ours that was only 200 feet wide, centered on the origin, with no DWG imports. Of course, he was the ONLY one on the team it was happening for, and also the only user who liked the view cube, lol...

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

My machine does not crash, but I do get the same thing when I am typing and use the "home" key to go back to the beginning of the text. For some reason, when I hit the "home" key, Revit changes the depth clipping.