Thread: wanted to make smaller interior elevation tag

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default wanted to make smaller interior elevation tag

i opened the call out in the imperial library....saved as "callout small 1"....atered the circle (reduced its size) then loaded it into the project....selected existing large interior elevation tag, went to properties copied, renamed and tried to select the smaller one i had just loaded and it wasn't available........what did i miss??

also went to settings and view tags.....copied and reduced circle size, and loaded those, with no affect

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: wanted to make smaller interior elevation tag

For some reason Autodesk has decided that elevation tags are sacred and us mere mortals do not have access to them. You are stuck with the two choices you are given, 1/2" Circle and 1/2" Square. The work around that you will find other places in this forum is to use a section callout and modify it to look they way you want. Of course in your project browser it will show up under sections instead of interior elevation, but if that doesn't bother you it will work... Sorry for the bad news...

I could stop if I wanted to Cathy Hadley's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Not exactly true... you are stuck only with them being either a circle or a square... the size you can manipulate.

I get this question a lot so here are the steps:

Hope it helps!!

First go to Settings:View Tags>Elevations tags...
    1/2: Square is default... change TYPE to 1/2: circle Now duplicate and call it... *circle small* Now change the width to the desired size... 1/4" for example. Now you have created another elevation view Tag Family type called Circle small...

Now you need to use that View Tag in your elevation view... So... go to Elevation tool... the details types are Interior and Exterior... set to interior... hit properties and Edit/New> Duplicate... name this small inteiror...

Now you can use your new Elevation Tag Family Circle small... in your new elevation type family Interior small...

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I stand corrected...

While I was tinkering a little bit with this problem I realized I don't know how to get rid of the view name when using the circle callout. With the square callout there is no view name showing up so I figure it is possible, I just don't know how to do it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

To remove the view name from the elevation tag go to Settings > View Tags > Elevation Tags. Make sure the type is set to 1/2" Circle. Under the Graphics parameter heading uncheck Show View Name.

Login to Give a bone

Sorry this might sound stupid but I can't figure it out:
    how do you go to settings?

Login to Give a bone

I couldn't find it under Additional Settings either. But the option to turn off the View Name can be accessed by finding the pointer family in the Project Browser and going into the Type Properties. If the family has a visibility setting for the View Name label, then you can un-check it. The only way to access this to edit is through the Project Browser > Families tree.

Elev Pointer.jpg

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Not sure why people are saying you can only use a square or circle for Elevation Callouts. You can make them whatever you want. Here is a hexagon one, you just have to edit the actual family.
    Elevation Marker.JPG
    As for the info being shown, you need to edit the labels within the family by either removing them completely if you don't want that info or by adding a visibility parameter to the label in the family so you can turn it off or on.
    I have attached my family, Revit 2022.
    Attached Files Attached Files