Thread: ADT Mutli-view Block: Editing Attributes

Login to Give a bone

Default ADT Mutli-view Block: Editing Attributes

I'm looking to customize a multi-view room tag to change the attributes to include the program area from the client that would be manually inserted (similar to the room name). The room tag is attached to a space and then will be connected to a schedule. I need the new attribute to also show up in the schedule. Everytime I change the block it does not show up in the properties box. I would really appreciate some help if someone knows the solution!! Thanks so much!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: ADT Mutli-view Block: Editing Attributes

Quote Originally Posted by c.mcmahon View Post
    I'm looking to customize a multi-view room tag to change the attributes to include the program area from the client that would be manually inserted (similar to the room name). The room tag is attached to a space and then will be connected to a schedule. I need the new attribute to also show up in the schedule. Everytime I change the block it does not show up in the properties box. I would really appreciate some help if someone knows the solution!! Thanks so much!
    Welcome to AUGI and congrats on your first post

How are you going to get the program area? Do you want it automatic or are you going to manually type it in for each space?

If it's the latter, then go to your style manager, then Documentation Objects. There you will see your property sets. Expand that and select the one you're using. There, you can add a manual property set.

Once you do that, you can insert an OOTB room tag, and explode it all the way until you see the attributes. I think you need to do it 3 times. You will see that the attributes say something like SPACEOBJECTS:NAME. The first par is the property set, the second part is where it gets the info from (I think I'm saying that wrong, but you'll know what I mean).

So, now either edit an existing attribute or copy it and rename it so it states your property set, and what you named your data (probably program area). Then go to Format>Define schedule tag and follow the prompts.

Once you do that and name your tag, it will be in your drawing. Just right click on it and anchor it to your space and it should work. Don't forget you need to select the space, and manually fill in the program area, it won't be automatic.

If you are using annotative tags, then there is issues with the tag being HUGE when you create it. There is a thread in here that explains how to do it correctly, I'll try to find it and post it. OR you can scale it down manually.

I'm sure there's a way to make it automatic, but I haven't created many automatic property sets, but I'm sure someone here has and will tell you how. You could alway use an existing automatic property and use it for the program area.

I hope that helps.

Login to Give a bone

Here's the link to the annotative tag thread I was talking about. Go to page 3 and look at DKoch's reply.

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.ph...ve+tags&page=3

*EDIT**** I'm assuming you're on 2008 or 2009. If not, don't worry about the annotative feature since it didn't exist prior to 2008. The directions I gave were for 2009 so I can't guarantee they will work if you are on a previous release. If not, just let me know and I'll see if I can come up with something.

Login to Give a bone

Thank you so much! This was a life saver.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by c.mcmahon View Post
    Thank you so much! This was a life saver.
    No problem. One thing I forgot to mention was to make sure you edit the schedule table style, then go to the Columns tab and add a new column for the property that you just created. Otherwise, it won't show up in your schedule.