Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Revit Launcher

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit Launcher

David,

We have been using the script for quite some time now and all has been working great. Thanks for your efforts. It seems though ever since we upgraded to 2010 "Detach from Central" hasn't been working for me. It opens up the file as if you have selected "Open all Worksets". Has anyone else experience this in with 2010?

NavisWorks Moderator david.kingham's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Haha I just realized this myself a couple days ago, I have updated the file in the original post. They changed the wording slightly for the dialog that says are you sure you want to detach?

Login to Give a bone

That works great now, thanks. But I suppose it shouldn't be used to run 2009 or below. At least that’s how my initial test went. I suppose it is just a matter of time before we have to use separate launchers for the different versions of Revit.

Login to Give a bone

I've updated the original to work with earlier versions as well, I haven't tested it because I don't have 2009 installed anymore but it should work. It is getting quite complicated to keep this working with all the version, I could eliminate a whole lot of code if I did it for only the newest version.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Any plans to update the script for 2011?

I tried modifying the script and I cant figure out what is defining the %Autodesk% variable or how to change it to add the / between Autodesk and Revit.

C:\Program Files\Autodesk Revit Architecture 2010\Program\Revit.exe
    C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit Architecture 2011\Program\Revit.exe

Thanks,
    Nick

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: Revit Launcher

Ok, got it working. I was over thinking it and trying to find the master setting for %Autodesk% rather than adding the setting in the Version Sub.

I have attached my version of the local gen. Note that we run Office Communicator (OC) as part of the script. This is our preferred internal IM software and it tends to step on Workshare Monitor(WS Mon) if its is running first.

This way OC runs after WS Mon and everything seems to run smoothly. If you dont run or have OC installed then you will need to remove the "Office Communicator" sub.

Nick

Update: The first set of scripts actually didnt look for the proper install path. I had copied it to the old path as a work around and forgot to fix it before loading. The current set of scripts works for 2010 just fine and will open Revit 2011 as well as Worksharing monitor. However WS mon will say that you have no workshared projects opened regardless of what you open. We have received an error for wmiprvse.exe on one machine but nothing on the others. All in all I have no idea why opening Revit and WS mon with the local gen makes them not see each other but opening using the regular icons allows them to talk...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by NKramer; 2010-05-19 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Updating Scripts

Login to Give a bone

Sorry for the delay, I've updated it for 2011 and added some featues (see original post)

Login to Give a bone

MAJOR update for 2011 just posted. I found a huge problem with the script and 2011.

In 2011 Autodesk changed the way addins are loaded and a big flaw with this is addins do not get loaded when a journal file is used to open Revit (which is how I had previously opened projects)

So now I have to just open the file with Revit, problem is you can't specify worksets with this method. Fortunately Autodesk also implemented a new feature where you can set how worksets open by default. You can find this when doing a save as and go to options and change open workset default to specify. I don't think there is a way to change this without resaving to a new file though

In the end I actually prefer this method as I think it will save a little more memory on large projects. Hope it works for everyone!

Login to Give a bone

The "username" box does not appear to work. I tried clearing out the .ini files as well without any change. Does the app work with XP, Vista and 7 with the My Documents/ Users path change?

Nick

Login to Give a bone

Hey Nick, try the new version I just posted. I don't think it will fix your problem but it's worth a shot...I say this because it worked fine on mine before, it's just calling the A_Username variable in AHK. I changed all instances of %username% to %A_Username%

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast