Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Revit Launcher

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit Launcher

Is it possible to password protect the GUI so that the general user can only pick the Open Type and all other boxes are grayed out. Then if you type in the password you can change the other variables?

I just don't want people willy-nilly changing their user name, whether the Workshare monitor comes up, etc.

Nick

Login to Give a bone

We have been using the Revit Launcher for a while and really like it. One problem we have had is that when using the "Specify Worksets" option we get the "Enter Interactive Mode" error / prompt. Obviously, this can be traced to a dialogue box that the journal file wasn't expecting. This doesn't occur when simply selecting "Open All Worksets", but we prefer users to get in the habit of specifying in order to make larger files easier to work with.

Does anyone have the same problem? Is there any way around it? The obvious fix would probably be to clean up any unecessary prompts that are causing it to bug out, but I would love an easier fix since we have a dozen different projects going in the office and keeping the users on top of those issues is easier said than done.

Login to Give a bone

In order to standardize the launcher throughout the company we placed a single .exe file on a networked server and then use shortcuts with a project specific start in target. This way if we need to make a change it gets pushed company wide by changing out the one .exe

As for the specify worksets bug I have not seen it.

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Nick,

Thanks for the info. I did notice that method of setting up a centralized laucher file. We have not set that up yet, but may do so in the future.

As for the specify worksets bug, I am certain that it has something to do with extra prompts (ie missing link, etc) interfering with the journal in some cases but not all. If anyone else has experienced this, I would love to hear about what, if anything, was done to fix it.

Christian

NavisWorks Moderator david.kingham's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

The only time I experience the journal error is when there are links that cannot be found (dwg, revit links) which is acceptable to me because these need to be resolved, so I wouldn't want to dismiss the dialog, I do have another script that continuously runs to dismiss the journal error since that freaks people out haha, very simple:
    IfWinExist Journal Error
    WinClose

Login to Give a bone

David,

Thanks for the help. This is good incentive to get people to fix missing link errors since we like your script so much!

Christian

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

David,

Thanks for putting this together-- this is definitely the best version of this kind of tool I've seen! I'm having a problem that's keeping me from deploying it in my office, however. The default user setting when you fire up the program is "user," and it's overwriting the user setting in Revit to this every time you use it. Obviously we can't have everyone with the same user name! Is there a setting I'm missing to have it read from the user name in Revit instead of overwriting?

Thanks

Ben

Login to Give a bone

Hmm that's odd, the username is pulled from the windows environment variable so you must be missing this variable, here's some more info on variables http://vlaurie.com/computers2/Articles/environment.htm

Login to Give a bone

I recently added the code below (full code attached) to launch Microsoft's Office Communicator (IM software) at the end of the script. Now if you choose the detach from central option 2 sessions of Revit are launched; 1 with the detached file and the other with a regular version. I don't think I even messed with that part of the code...

I also changed the GoSub EOF to GoSub OfficeCommunicator in the If MonitorCount > 1 and else statements. The issue is that Office Communicator tends to step on Workshare Monitor (Workshare Monitor is running in the task manager - processes but wont show up until OC is closed). Running OC after WS Monitor is running seems to fix the problem.

Is there another or better way of launching OC or has anyone else run into this?

Code:
    "
    OfficeCommunicator:

IfWinExist Office Communicator
    GoSub EOF
    else
    IfExist %A_ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office Communicator\communicator.exe
    Run %A_ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office Communicator\communicator.exe
    WinWait Office Communicator, , 20
    WinMinimize Office Communicator
    GoSub EOF
    "

Thanks,
    Nick
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

I have updated the the original file which will clear up the username issue (it was a problem with using #NoEnv) and I have added some features

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast