Thread: Studs and Lookup Tables

Login to Give a bone

Default Studs and Lookup Tables

Attached is a simple metal stud DBlock I'm working on. I have a "Stud Depth" Linear Parameter as a list with values of 1-5/8", 2-1/2", 3-5/8", 6", 8", 10", and 12". I also have a "Stud Width" Linear Parameter as a list with values of 1-1/4" and 1-5/8". I have a Lookup Table that correlates studs that are 1-5/8" to 6" deep with a 1-1/4" width. Studs 8"-12" deep are correlated to a 1-5/8" depth.

Everything works fine and dandy with the Lookup Table. However, when I use the Stretch Stud Depth grip, I get a "Custom" value in my lookup table and my 8"-12" studs are only 1-1/4" wide.

How do I link the table to the stretch action such so that when I stretch the depth to 8"-12", the width changes to 1-5/8"? Thanks for your help!
    Attached Files Attached Files

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Studs and Lookup Tables

Quote Originally Posted by oakleysd View Post
    Attached is a simple metal stud DBlock I'm working on. I have a "Stud Depth" Linear Parameter as a list with values of 1-5/8", 2-1/2", 3-5/8", 6", 8", 10", and 12". I also have a "Stud Width" Linear Parameter as a list with values of 1-1/4" and 1-5/8". I have a Lookup Table that correlates studs that are 1-5/8" to 6" deep with a 1-1/4" width. Studs 8"-12" deep are correlated to a 1-5/8" depth.

Everything works fine and dandy with the Lookup Table. However, when I use the Stretch Stud Depth grip, I get a "Custom" value in my lookup table and my 8"-12" studs are only 1-1/4" wide.

How do I link the table to the stretch action such so that when I stretch the depth to 8"-12", the width changes to 1-5/8"? Thanks for your help!
    I'm no expert, but I dont think that is possible. I would turn off all the grips on the parameters and use the lookup only, then there is no chance of stretching the block to an "un-obtainable" size, and you are eliminating custom lookup values.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Studs and Lookup Tables

Quote Originally Posted by james.126519 View Post
    I'm no expert, but I dont think that is possible. I would turn off all the grips on the parameters and use the lookup only, then there is no chance of stretching the block to an "un-obtainable" size, and you are eliminating custom lookup values.
    i agree. there have been many questions about "reacting" dimensions when another is in a particular range while stretching, and so far, has most of us still puzzled (who aren't programmers)
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum