Thread: Scale Questions - Sheets and Views (was leon)

Login to Give a bone

Default leon

my drawings are at a scale of 1:100, now i've come to put them on title blocks and i need to print at 2 scales, 1:1000 at A3 and 1:250 at A0. if in the floor plan you change the scale to either of the above the text is rescales itself but is far to big for the drawing. now i've have come up with the idea to make my title sheets either 10 times or 2,5 times bigger and them print to fit page, i don't think this is ideal as you risk losing exact scale, but seems to be allot easier and faster then resizing the text. what do you think is the best coarse of action. is there no way of just scaling something bigger in revit, do you need to redraw the object.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Scale Questions - Sheets and Views (was leon)

Duplicate the views with detailing(right click on the view in the project browser), change the scales to what you require and then switch off or delete the text in the duplicated view.

The text will become tiny if you do it as described and you wont be able to read it anyway, so it may as well not be there!.....

To change the scale and keep the text you will need to re-arrange all your text - unfortunately there is no way round doing that (in any cad system)

If you are happy enough for your text to become smaller, export a DWG of the view the import it back into a drafting view rather than doing what you described.

Just for next time, you have posted this in the wrong area, it should be in the "general" area. I am sure somebody will move it to the correct location for you
    Last edited by Martin P; 2004-10-11 at 10:35 AM.