Thread: Getting the curb in my corridor to tie into existing

Login to Give a bone

Default Getting the curb in my corridor to tie into existing

Im working on my first Civil3D project. I had to teach myself how to use it and surprisingly have learned A LOT! I am rebuilding a city street that is approx 6 blocks long. All the curb will be replaced on this street but need to tie into existing curb around the radius' of adjacent streets. How do I make my curb go around the radius and stop, and then begin again at the next radius and continue down the street to the next adjacent street radius?
    I hope this makes sense.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Getting the curb in my corridor to tie into existing

That's difficult to answer, because we don't really have any details about your project.

But I suspect the easiest thing is to just use Feature Lines to model the curb returns.

All AUGI, all the time Richard McDonald's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by sinc View Post
    That's difficult to answer, because we don't really have any details about your project.

But I suspect the easiest thing is to just use Feature Lines to model the curb returns.
    I'm trying to do something similar. Its for a quick layout and cross sections for an existing road and want to add features to the corridor. Would the assembly not need to have target scripts in it for this to work? Is there a quick work around to assign an assembly to a feature line?

Many thanks

Richard

Login to Give a bone

Again, that's difficult to answer, because you didn't really give details on what you want to do. If you are doing a mill & overlay, then there are assemblies for that. Otherwise, I'm not entirely sure what you are doing.

For the OP, I was talking more about something like this:

http://acecivil3d.blogspot.com/2008/...c-feature.html

In the sample, Angel uses the new features in C3D 2009 to create dynamic featurelines from a corridor. He then creates the curb returns as additional feature lines, and hooks the endpoints of the curb return featurelines to they dynamic featurelines, from the corridor. This causes the curb returns to move dynamically up and down with the corridor, since as long as the featurelines are on the same site, they will take elevations from each other. So the curb return featurelines will move up and down with the dynamic featurelines, extracted from the corridor.

This can work well if you just need a simple model, or if you don't need vertical curves along the curb returns.

But you can also create alignments along curb returns, and use them as baselines in your corridor. This lets you do fancier things, with vertical curves along the returns.

(And 2010 has some features that help even more with this...)