View Poll Results: Would you like the ability to make walls non-vertical, by specifying the angle when creating the wal

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes--this tool would be very valuable

66 88.00%
  • No--I would never use this tool

9 12.00%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Non-vertical walls

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Cool Re: Non-vertical walls

Aaron,
    Quote: (By you)
    "What the original poster and AP suggest actually has some merit, and it could definetely be useful. I don't mind the Massing/Wall by Face tool for large shapes of buildings... But for a single wall here and there, its just not efficient, or... streamlined."
    Remember that? But you still voted NO?

Yep. 3 posts in a row.
    The 1st one was one an "off-topic" subject--"The Saw Tool".
    Watch out or I might start a new thread about that!
    Or how about slanted COLUMNS?!!

The Archicad screenshot is just to show that a competing BIM platform
    has provided the user with a tool, so that when needed the function can be performed quickly and easily--without "workarounds". ( We do not advocate or use Archicad.)

Why is there so much resistance to new, creative ideas for tools?

The reason I am making this so belaboured is that I am very passionate about BIM
    and I would like to affect change in the way ideas are implemented, so that all users
    can benefit from useful, valuable tools. That's it. And I will keep on doing it.

The reason it is 6 pages long is apparently there are a lot of users who share these views.

Cheers............

Certifiable AUGI Addict twiceroadsfool's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Non-vertical walls

LOL, yes, i voted no. And i explained why, several pages ago.Blindly saying "id use a tool" that stands to end up just like LEGENDS is not something i would do.

Im not RESISTING new tools, as you imply. Thats just silly and immature. What im resisting, is people demanding things, and not THINKING THROUGH what theyre asking for.

I want more USEFUL stuff. I DONT want more garbage in the program that only half works. So CURRENTLY, since no one seems to be able to delineate HOW this tool would actually work (and dont even say it, you didnt answer a LOT of my issues), then NO... I wouldnt use it. :::shrug:::

And knock yourself out posting whatever you want. But make no mistake about it: This thread only is 6 pages because you keep beating a dead horse. We all know archicad has it, im sure most of us have even seen the dialogue box. But im sure if we count, you are singhandledly 3 pages of the six.

FWIW, im not even really disagreeing with you. I just think this is a silly venue for trying to get what youre after, and the way youre only accepting or tolerant of people who take *your side* is, well... fairly unprofessional.

Just my two cents, you can have change back.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

This just in:

62 to 8.

4 more days left in the Poll.

We know who ( 1 ) of the 8 is.

The other 7 who voted NO have not replied and explained WHY.

If they reply and explain why, with rational / intellligent / informed reasoning--then we can have a professional dialogue. That is all I ask for, expect in return and strive to follow as a guiding principle myself. No disrespect intended.

I do not claim to be able to explain HOW the tool would work from a software point of view--because I don't work at the Factory as an expert programmer who's job it is to be creative and invent new technologies! I have offered a few thoughtful suggestions how to help implement it.

I am just a Revit user asking for a simple tool which would be extremely helpful in our daily workflow.

It appears the Wishlist Manager has read the thread? The Wishlist is how to get new ideas implemented. Any thoughts?

cheers.....................................

Certifiable AUGI Addict twiceroadsfool's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Non-vertical walls

LOL, there really cant be a dialogue. Because If and WHEN we (the naysayers) post our concerns and why we WOULDNT use the tool, you wash your hands of the discussion with a simple "Im not a programmer."

Guess what? Im not one either, but working in ARCHITECTURE i have concerns for how such a tool would work, that you seem to broadly dismiss. Id like a new tool that would ENHANCE our workflow as well.

One thing ive learned working in architecture (in my short career so far), is that it ISNT about simply drawing something. We have to engineer the PROCESS, so that we can do BETTER by our clients. That applies for EVERY avenue in life, and this is one of them.

*WE* need to tell the factory how it SHOULD work, or YOUR workflow WONT be enhanced. But if you dont care i dont care either.

Status quo works for me, after all.

But ill merrily help you enhance the post count with a fraudulent discussion.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Wink Re: Non-vertical walls

This just in:

YES=63
    NO=8

Only 3 more days to vote!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers..........................

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: Non-vertical walls

The votes are in.

After 6 long pages,

75 voters

Final tally:

66 YES
    9 NO

The masses have spoken. Sloped wall tool would be a very good addition to Revit.

cheers.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

I have been missing this function for a long time and it's close to a disaster they have not solved it even in 2011 ! Walls by face is not a substitute since they don't work well together with ordinary walls. And walls by face is not exported through IFC witch is a huge problem in collaboration with other consultants.
    We also need windows that follows the slope of the wall. I know I can use roof windows but that is not a good substitute.
    haveaniceday

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456