Thread: 1-line and 2-line pipe fitting display

Login to Give a bone

Angry 1-line and 2-line pipe fitting display

I have been studying the Display manager and the functions of it for the past week. Please shoot me now! I am having one heck of a time getting the piping fittings to show correctly or at least the way I would like them.

I have set up the Piping systems to show 1-line for pipes that are 3-1/2” or smaller and 4” inches or larger to show 2-line. I have that controlled in the pipe system definition. 1-line pipe fitting representation shows fine but the 2-line representation doesn’t, it shows the pipe end also.

I have tried to delete the 2-line rise/drop style but it then show a different 2D representation and it is 180* out.

If I turn off the 1-line layer setting in the “plan set” then the 2-line looks good but I lose all the single line fittings. If I turn off the contour layer settings in the “plan set” then I still get a circle in the 2-line fitting.

I cannot figure out how to get a good 1-line and 2-line representation in the same plan.

How are you guys doing it? Or are you?

BTW I'm using MEP2008

Thanks,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 1-line and 2-line pipe fitting display

The way we're handling it is like your first bmp attachment - you see the drops, fittings, etc. on the 2-line piping. It took us a while to get used to it but if there's one thing we're learning about MEP it's that we need to be open to a new way of graphically displaying our linework.
    I drink coffee for your protection.

Windows 7 | AutoCAD 2017 | Revit 2017

Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: 1-line and 2-line pipe fitting display

Well after a very painful couple of weeks I have figured it out.

I started with the OOTB “Pipe Rise Drop Styles”, I made copies and renamed them for our use. I used “Pipe Break – Patterned Rise Only” and “Pipe Break – Rise Only”, because they where the ones tied to the OOTB pipe systems. I could never get them to work with a display showing both 1-line and 2-line in the same drawing. I had beaten my head for two weeks trying different setting to get what we wanted with no avail.

Today I tried a different rise/drop style, the “PIPEROUNDRISEDROP”. I made a copy of it and I also copied the “Aecb_Default_Rnd_2Line_Drop” block in the template. I modified the copy of the block by deleting all the content in it and saving. Under "Circular Drop 2-Line" on the “Rise and Drop” tab I specified for “Block:” the new modified block. I also added a new Symbol Line for Circular Drop 1-line Tee. After all that it worked exactly like we wanted (see attached image). For whatever reason this method would not work in the “Pipe Break – Patterned Rise Only”.

I hope someone will find this useful and if you have any question feel free to ask.
    Attached Images Attached Images