Thread: Do an array on multiple visibility objects.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Question Do an array on multiple visibility objects.

How do I can do an array to an object at different levels of visibility and with different values of removal, as shown in the attached file?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Do an array on multiple visibility objects.

The first thing you have to do is go thru each visibilty state and make the array action visible. Then modify the array action to include each rebar in each visibility. You can do this by modifying the array action in each visibility state or changing the visibility mode (BVMODE) so it can display all the visibilties at once and then modifyiing the array action. Here is the attached result...

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by sam.121498 View Post
    The first thing you have to do is go thru each visibilty state and make the array action visible. Then modify the array action to include each rebar in each visibility. You can do this by modifying the array action in each visibility state or changing the visibility mode (BVMODE) so it can display all the visibilties at once and then modifyiing the array action. Here is the attached result...
    Ok...thanks

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by sam.121498 View Post
    The first thing you have to do is go thru each visibilty state and make the array action visible. Then modify the array action to include each rebar in each visibility. You can do this by modifying the array action in each visibility state or changing the visibility mode (BVMODE) so it can display all the visibilties at once and then How can I do this modifyiing the array action. Here is the attached result...
    How can I do this same thing but be able to change the visibility state of each of the arrayed objects?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by mikehudon2002186499 View Post
    How can I do this same thing but be able to change the visibility state of each of the arrayed objects?
    I am trying to do the same thing.
    I've been working on creating a sequence of operation matrix that can be pieced together and be modified (adding/subtracting column and rows) dynamically.
    In the block of concern 'MATRIX 06': I am using the linear parameter with the array action to add the square that houses the colored dot. I would then like to be able to use visibility to control which dot is in the square. I tried to select the visibility parameter in the array action selection but that doesn't seem to carry over a unique visibility parameter in each new arrayed square.
    The attached file has the original matrix along with the other blocks I've been working on. It should open up on the MATRIX 06 block in question.

Please let me know if this request needs any further clarification.

I am also open to hearing about completely different way to go about this.

Thanks for any suggestions

Login to Give a bone

One thing I have learned is that you can't make a square that houses the dots with Visibility a separate block and nest it within a block that uses the Array. Nested dynamic blocks wont function. I'm still trying things...