Thread: Change AutoCAD profiles with a toolbar button

Login to Give a bone

Cool Change AutoCAD profiles with a toolbar button

I am looking to swithch profiles with a toolbar button. I had built this 1x before but can't find it and before tackling it again, I was hoping somebody has the code.

I had two buttons on this toolbar and I could switch profiles. I had the toolbar loaded in each profile. This way I could switch background colors, toolbar layouts, etc...

I belive the button referenced a macro or VBA script. Anybody have an idea?

Thanks,
    Doug

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Change AutoCAD profiles with a toolbar button

In my experience, switching profiles inside AutoCAD isn't worth it anymore. From the sounds of things, you should look into workspaces first.

Login to Give a bone

And there's already a toolbar for that.
    C:> ED WORKING....

LinkedIn

All AUGI, all the time Liamnacuac's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Unfortunately, some of us out here have budget constraints to deal with, and thus run older software. For instance, I still have 9 seats of AutoCAD 2006, 3 seats of ADT '06, and 6 seats or '06LT. I will
    get some more subscriptions this year, but not all of these '06 will go away, I'm afraid.
    I also have a couple of users who mess up their profiles on occasion. I was having them save their profile to a public drive, but I've been requested to use personal network drives, and I thought there is probably a routine for exporting a profile to a network drive already?
    Does anyone have a .lsp that exports profiles?
    Can I create this with 2009 's recorder and still use it in 2006 (if there aren't any modern commands in the routine)?

All AUGI, all the time Liamnacuac's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Liamnacuac View Post
    Unfortunately, some of us out here have budget constraints to deal with, and thus run older software. For instance, I still have 9 seats of AutoCAD 2006, 3 seats of ADT '06, and 6 seats or '06LT. I will
    get some more subscriptions this year, but not all of these '06 will go away, I'm afraid.
    I also have a couple of users who mess up their profiles on occasion. I was having them save their profile to a public drive, but I've been requested to use personal network drives, and I thought there is probably a routine for exporting a profile to a network drive already?
    Does anyone have a .lsp that exports profiles?
    Can I create this with 2009 's recorder and still use it in 2006 (if there aren't any modern commands in the routine)?

OK, I can answer at part of my own question; "Action Recorder??!! Are you serious??!! HA HA HA HA HA HA....."

Login to Give a bone

I'm trying to export profiles to our server via lisp as well. No luck so far, but, if I get it figured out I'll pass along the answers.

Also trying to set paths (normally accesed/set via files tab in options dialogue) via lisp in order to reduce the time spent fixing all the 'not so stable' settings that seem to be a permanent part of AutoCAD. Does anyone know how?

Also, does anyone else find it easier/quicker to edit profiles from a simple text editor? And in the process see all the stuff you can't edit from the GUI, like default paths for IMPORT or EXPORT of profiles etc.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by lessZmore View Post
    Also trying to set paths (normally accesed/set via files tab in options dialogue) via lisp in order to reduce the time spent fixing all the 'not so stable' settings that seem to be a permanent part of AutoCAD. Does anyone know how?
    It is simple using the ActiveX interface.
    Code:
    (vla-Put-SupportPath (vla-Get-Files (vla-Get-Preferences (vlax-Get-Acad-Object))) "path1;path2;path3")
    R. Robert Bell
    Design Technology Manager
    Stantec
    Opinions expressed are mine alone and do not reflect the views of Stantec.