Thread: Rolling Offset Lisp

Login to Give a bone

Default Rolling Offset Lisp

Does anyone have or know of a rolling offset lisp where you can pick the angle of the rolling offset? Rolling offset definition: Link or Link

I can do 2 axis with polar & OSAP tracking, just need a routine that can find a 45 rolling offset where 3 axis are different. The 3rd party duct program I am using doesn't have feature...trying to find a quick/easy method.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Rolling Offset Lisp

Quote Originally Posted by OCD View Post
    Does anyone have or know of a rolling offset lisp where you can pick the angle of the rolling offset? Rolling offset definition: Link or Link

I can do 2 axis with polar & OSAP tracking, just need a routine that can find a 45 rolling offset where 3 axis are different. The 3rd party duct program I am using doesn't have feature...trying to find a quick/easy method.
    Can you post a drawing explaining or detailing how you would do this manually?
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Rolling Offset Lisp

This Link I provided is probably the best at explaining the rolling offset.

Currently I am using the 3rd party pipe program to do rolling offset. I have to copy the points out to the program to do it...closing drawings down due to memory issue sometimes. The pipe program comes with a routine/lisp that will draw a rolling offset with a 3dpoly. How they do it: You enter router line command and pick point A, then chose rolling offset option and pick point B, select angle option and enter angle and its done. I couldn't find the routine in the program folders, so i am assuming its built into the arx or dbx files for program.

To manually do rolling offset I used the duct fittings and not draw a line, but I guess the process would be the same. I would draw a 45 degree (or angle desired) line from point A toward point B (without changing elevation), rotate 45 degree line in a front/side view around point A to point B and trim/extend 45 degree line as needed to point B.