Thread: Display manager legend problem

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Display manager legend problem

Hi all,

I have been slogging at this project one problem at a time - now I am really stuck.

I have created an sdf containing a feature consisting of a series of polygons that run along both sides of a stream centerline. Each polygon has feature data now attached consisting of weed population observations (name, population nos etc.)

I now need to create a mapbook showing the polygons colored according to the value in the "PlantNumbers" . There are 6 different ranges in the data. This will allow a view (overlaid on an aerial) showing where the particular weed is dense or otherwise.

I have created a theme based on "individuals values", this works well. I can filter the data for both species, and plant number to identify the specific polygons.

My problem comes with the need to create a legend. In the style dialogue box, the preview icons for each colored polygon of the theme are not shown in display manager below the layer name. As a result, when I insert a legend, I get only a single entry to the legend table - the layer name, and not the 6 different range values with a preview polygon to show the color etc of each.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Display manager legend problem

Hate to say it, but that is a bug, it hasn't worked properly since its inception in 05/06. Since you have such a small dataset you could build it by hand. Just have it create the what it give you and use that as a base. They are AutoCAD tables. I have had that same issue for the last 4 years and hope it is fixed in 2010.

Jeremiah

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Display manager legend problem

Thanks for the advice - your reply is much appreciated - good to know not to expect this to work out.