Thread: "Realistic" View (in Visual Styles)

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default "Realistic" View (in Visual Styles)

I was learning some steps in "steeringWheel" tutorial and made some adjustments in the performance tuner area. Now, when I click on realistic view - I get a blank background and only the UCS icon. There is no view of any solids. However, in the "Concept" view (and the other views) - I am able to see the models (objects) or the wireFrames but not in the REALISTIC setting.

Did I do something wrong in set-up with the performance tuner?

thanks

Up-date: I retraced my steps and discovered that in the "adaptive degradtion" sub window, in "manual tune", the tutorial specified to turned on the "enable Hardware" setting. By turning this to OFF (check mark removed), it reverted back to my original setting - Now the 'Realistic' view shows.

Question: Does anyone know WHY the enable hardware setting affects my ability to see anything in the "REALISTIC" view. I also notice, if I pan the blank background, the view will show for an instant and then disappear, when I remove my finger off the "mouse control".
    Last edited by xibu101; 2009-02-11 at 02:02 AM. Reason: fournd problem

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: "Realistic" View (in Visual Styles)

Quote Originally Posted by xibu101 View Post
    I was learning some steps in "steeringWheel" tutorial and made some adjustments in the performance tuner area. Now, when I click on realistic view - I get a blank background and only the UCS icon. There is no view of any solids. However, in the "Concept" view (and the other views) - I am able to see the models (objects) or the wireFrames but not in the REALISTIC setting.

Did I do something wrong in set-up with the performance tuner?

thanks

Up-date: I retraced my steps and discovered that in the "adaptive degradtion" sub window, in "manual tune", the tutorial specified to turned on the "enable Hardware" setting. By turning this to OFF (check mark removed), it reverted back to my original setting - Now the 'Realistic' view shows.

Question: Does anyone know WHY the enable hardware setting affects my ability to see anything in the "REALISTIC" view. I also notice, if I pan the blank background, the view will show for an instant and then disappear, when I remove my finger off the "mouse control".
    Welcome to AUGI and congrats on your first post
    I have "enable hardware accelleration" checked (on) and my realistic visual style works fine. Actually, I've always run CAD with it on.

It sounds like a video card problem. Are you using a supported video card and driver? How much memory does it have? How much RAM are you running?