Hello to all, I have a problem with printing with our OCE TDS400 Large format printer.

Our office setup are the following:
Workstations are running Windows 2000 professional
Servers are running Windows 2000 server 5.0 build (2195 s.p.)
We have an HP 700 and 750C plotter along with our new OCE TDS400
We printing only on 24"x36" and 30"x42" size paper.
We are running AutoCad 2002 and now testing out the new Revit program.

Current configuration that is working properly with AutoCad but not for Revit:
The OCE TDS400 is on a 'printer controller' as OCE calls it (basically its a print server for their own printer). AutoCad is configured to use .pc3 files installed separately through a LPR port running a generic/text print driver and not through a 'Windows printer driver.' There is also an HDI printer driver installed alongside AutoCad to allow for printing.

From what I understand is that Revit uses windows printer driver which is a different setup from AutoCad.

Currently, our setup with AutoCad 2002 printing on the TDS400 works flawlessly (once you get it configured correctly and all...); in fact it works so well with the 'Print EXEC LT' (A batch plotting software by OCE) we rarely use our HP plotters anymore.

Now on the other hand, we recently acquired Revit 5.1 and I am running tests prints and configuring the software so Revit can print correctly. Now after many many times of trial and errors (and many sheets of wasted paper), I'm getting close to running out of options. I tried contacting OCE but they said they do not support Revit at this time... I tried printing to plot files and pdfs but the plots are either coming out with the wrong orientations or they can be either too big or cut off.

So if anyone can lend me some pointers on how I can make this to work, please Notify me, you can send a reply here or call us at our office @ 858 578 2950. My name is Pete.