Thread: Phasing with Revit 2009

Login to Give a bone

Default Phasing with Revit 2009

I am currently going to start working on a arch. project on an existing commercial space. We are renovating the whole space to prepare for a new restaurant and bar. Upon til this point I have just used Revit for rendering and presentation purposes. With this fresh start of a project I wanted to look into using revit for creating construction documents by using phasing with Revit 2009. I heard that phasing can kind of be complicated at first until you get used to it and I'm totally sure how to even get started with it. So if anyone can navigate me to a website or guide of some sort for learning phasing it would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Phasing with Revit 2009

I have actually done a restaurant in an existing building using Revit. I would say to draw it like you are going to do the work. Draw the existing building in the Existing Phase (view properties ->phasing is at the bottom). After that you use the hammer looking icon (Demolish) to remove the walls, doors, windows, and anything you are going to demo. If it is going to be only part of the wall then I would use the split (icon) to break the wall in the area that is going to be demo'd. It is actually very simple, but the tricky part for me was getting it to view correctly. I had to play with it to get it to view correctly and I have to create a few different views. One common mistake I made was I drew a wall in the existing phase, when it should have been in the new construction phase. I wondered why it was not showing up in the new construction phase floor plan. It was a simple mistake, but I was able to fix it, by looking in the existing phase and view its properties and change the phase. I hope that helps.