See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Tool palettes slow

Login to Give a bone

Default Tool palettes slow

We are running ACA 2009, with Windows XP Professional 64x, all updates (windows and ACA) and drivers are current. However, there is one computer that the palettes are slow, not just opening and closing, but from tab to tab as well. There is almost a freezing effect happening. I have done multiple tests, memory, graphics card driver update (Nvidia Quadro FX 1700), etc. All of our computers are the same (no one else has this problem), including settings. I have eliminated any programs unnecessary that were running in the background. I've checked to see if the graphics card was running hot - it was fine. It isn't a critical problem, but annoying and slow for the operator.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Shelley

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Tool palettes slow

Are your palettes shared across a network?

Login to Give a bone

Yes, but I should have been more specific, sorry. The tool palettes are on our network, but the program is an individual install, and even the properties palette is behaving this way.

Shelley

Login to Give a bone

Are the tool palettes set to display with a transparency? That can cause them to lag.

One other thing to try is to try resetting the profile to a default ootb one and see if the palette still lags or not. It could be a registry setting is causing the palette to lag.
    Steve Bennett |BIM Manager
    Taylor Design | Adventures in BIM

Login to Give a bone

Did you ever resolve this issue?
    I have run across the same issues and have found that swithing the profile and then back will speed tool palette switching up.

Login to Give a bone

i have a VERRRRRY SLOWWW FILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! New to AUGI and can't find my way around! I have a question about a VERY slow file. How do I find a post or a thread about this situation? ALL operations in this file take 10 to 26 seconds to do. Even just selecting a line, matchprop, or offset. I Wblocked out all to new files and still same thing. Then, I saved down to AutoCad v. 2000 and the problem persists. Then, I saved as .dxf file and same prob. persists. This file worked just fine for three weeks and now it is just crud. RUNNING OUT OF OPTIONS!!!!!!!!!!! Tearing what's left of my hair out. PLEASE HELP!

I am running Win. XP Pro. Serv. pack 3, 3.2 GHZ, 2.75 G ram. All other AutoCAD ADT files run normal speed. i have Wblocked out all parts of the drawing to a new blank file and problem persists. Can you help me to get to where I can ask this question?

Thank you in advance for your prompt consieration of this matter.

Login to Give a bone

We have had this problem for years also. Our tool palettes are on the network and are shared by 125 plus users. Finally after 3 yrs, many headaches and counting sheep while waiting for the next Tool Palette tab to open.

We figured out a method that works for us.

In your file support path under the the Tool Palettes file location the is pointed to the location you save your custom palettes (ex. O:\acad\ToolPalette)

this path is looking at your AcTpCatalog.atc file. With in the ToolPalette folder is a Palette folder that host the .atc file that represent each tab on the tool palette.

What we did was take our file location on folder further (ex. O:acad\toolpalette\Palettes) so its looking at the actual tool palette tab atc files.

IT WORKED!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!

In the past I have read many post and contacted Autodesk on the issue plus our Autocad distributor. No one had an answer. This may not be the preferred solution, but it does work for us and has not caused any issues with any of our users or our palettes.

hope this helps someone.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for sharing what worked for you!
    Steve Bennett |BIM Manager
    Taylor Design | Adventures in BIM