Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VP scale - Anno scale

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default VP scale - Anno scale

Would there ever be a reason for your Annotative scale not to match your View port scale? Thanks.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: VP scale - Anno scale

Quote Originally Posted by bryan.thatcher View Post
    Would there ever be a reason for your Annotative scale not to match your View port scale? Thanks.
    Only if you don't want your annotation to be the correct height!

Seriously, though, not that I can think of. Not to mention the fact that if the VP scale doesn't match your anno scale, then your annotation won't show up.

Login to Give a bone

Hi,
    This is related to a question I asked a while ago.
    Not everyone requires the viewport scale of a drawing to be absolutely accurate; by that I mean they don't require the scale to be a convenient scale such as 1:250. Suppose you had a drawing that was a little to too big to fit on the paper at, say, 1:250. A little roll of the mouse wheel would bring all the geometry onto the paper. Now you have a situation where the viewport scale is different to the annotation scale. As dzatto mentioned the annotations wouldn't show, so you need a tool that will add the, now, rather awkward scale to the scale list so the annotations do show. Unfortunately, the only way I know to add an annotation scale is to edit the scale list. What I am looking for is a way to add the current viewport scale to the annotation scale list.

Maurice.

Login to Give a bone

There are also times that you may unlock the viewport and temporarily zoom out to select something outside of the VP limits.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice.148748 View Post
    Hi,
    This is related to a question I asked a while ago.
    Not everyone requires the viewport scale of a drawing to be absolutely accurate; by that I mean they don't require the scale to be a convenient scale such as 1:250. Suppose you had a drawing that was a little to too big to fit on the paper at, say, 1:250. A little roll of the mouse wheel would bring all the geometry onto the paper. Now you have a situation where the viewport scale is different to the annotation scale. As dzatto mentioned the annotations wouldn't show, so you need a tool that will add the, now, rather awkward scale to the scale list so the annotations do show. Unfortunately, the only way I know to add an annotation scale is to edit the scale list. What I am looking for is a way to add the current viewport scale to the annotation scale list.

Maurice.
    I would advise against this. If it's not to scale, how would you scale it accurately when it's plotted?
    If this has to be done, though, the workaround would be to not use annotative dimensions and text. You can turn off the annotation in existing text through the properties window, or you can create new text and dim styles that aren't annotative. Then the VP scale doesn't matter because the annotation will display at any scale.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Just encountered one: I cut some 2D sections and put them off to the side to be shown on another sheet at a closer scale, but for some reason changing the annotation scale crashes CAD. I've beat my head against this for hours today, and eventually decided to let well enough alone and just let the text on the section be non-annotative. So I change the viewport scale but leave the annotation scale where it is. Otherwise it will crash.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by timsea81 View Post
    Just encountered one: I cut some 2D sections and put them off to the side to be shown on another sheet at a closer scale, but for some reason changing the annotation scale crashes CAD. I've beat my head against this for hours today, and eventually decided to let well enough alone and just let the text on the section be non-annotative. So I change the viewport scale but leave the annotation scale where it is. Otherwise it will crash.
    How are you changing the anno scale?

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Anyone know what is the best way to have the same text height on different viewports with different scales? ex:1/8" and 1/4".

thanks,

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by sboriboune.228112 View Post
    Anyone know what is the best way to have the same text height on different viewports with different scales? ex:1/8" and 1/4".

thanks,
    That's what anno scale is for. Use annotative text and dimensions. When you change scales, the text size changes automatically.

Login to Give a bone

Paperspace..... simpler in many regards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast