Thread: Display issues

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Display issues

My kingdom for anyone who can help me to understand how to get things to display properly with this view display range. I have very little hair left to pull out trying to get this all to work. I have spent an incredible amount of time trying to get what should be a normal display of walls, windows and such. If you look at the attached files, you can see the walls as they should be in the level 1 view, but on the roof plan, notice the garage walls that project to the roof are not showing. The front master bath pop out walls, for whatever reason, are not showing. The beams on the back porch are not showing. I've used every concievable combination of numbers in view range and have no understanding whatsoever of how this configuration works.
    Thank You
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Display issues

Are any of the walls not showing attached to the roof or otherwise have different upper extents than the rest of the walls that do show? I'm not sure why some of the walls display and some don't in underlays.

As for the beams, those won't show in an underlay because the underlay is set to floor plan. You could try changing your underlay to Ceiling Plan instead, but then your appliances and millwork won't show (but does it really need to on a roof plan)?

I personally would just show a dashed line for the outside wall outline below the roof and turn off the underlay. You can do that with the linework tool. You can use the linework tool on objects in your underlay, and then the overridden line will still display even after you've turned off the underlay.