Thread: Linked Revit File

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Linked Revit File

We are working on a large project in our office, and this came up. I am working on one building, and that building is linked to another file that someone else is workling on for adifferent reason. in his file, with the linked Revit, he is getting this wide green line showing up through the middle of these walls. its not all walls, just some. we have gone into the visibility graphics in his linked file and set to it to "Custom" and messed with it that way, but no luck. I cant find this line in the original file though. I was thinking it was a room separation line, but that doesnt turn it off. anyone have any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Certifiable AUGI Addict dhurtubise's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Linked Revit File

Looks like the Analytical Model line. You need to check "Show categories from all disciplines" to see it.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

tried that, there is no structural model as a part of this project as of yet. but I did turn off all the structural items thru VG and it still didnt help.

Login to Give a bone

Even though you don't have a structural model linked into your model, structural elements like walls, Structural Columns, etc,, have an Analytical Model category controlled by Visibility Graphics. As mentioned above, you will need to check "Show categories from all disciplines" to see them. These catagories are also found under the Model Catagories of the Revit Links. I have found that you may need turn the visibility off, then on, and off again in order to have the walls display properly. Some have suggested using the Analytical Model category to display fire rated walls, but this has caused me more trouble than helped.

Certifiable AUGI Addict twiceroadsfool's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Also, are you shutting them off in the Model tab of VG:RVT LINK OVERRIDE or in YOUR models VG:MODEL tab? If youre shutting them off in your models VG (not the RVT LINK tab), then go to the RVT Link tab and make sure its MOdel tab is set to By Host View.

Otherwise (if its set to custom) shut it off there as well...