Thread: Modeling Operation Error

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Modeling Operation Error

I recently downloaded a couple of .sat files of pumps and diffusers from a website to incorporate into my 3D mechanical room layout. When I inserted them into my drawing, they were HUGE. so I scaled them down to the proper size and made a block of the different parts but now I'm constantly getting this error when I switch from shaded mode to wiremode...

"Modeling Operation Error:
    Coincident face_face_ints with different body vertices."

I've never seen that one so I decided to email tech support at the website I got these .sat files from. (Bell & Gosset) The response came back that the reason the models end up being so huge when inserted is that they were drawn up and saved in Metric so 340cm when loaded into my drawing ends up being 340 inches....as far as the error in AutoCAD, the person didn't have a clue since they only work with SolidWorks...

The error slows things down somewhat but not to the point yet where it's annoying. But I'd still like to fix the problem before it causes other issues....any suggestions would be appreciated. thanx

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Modeling Operation Error

I've seen similar when a vertex lies just under the surface of an adjoining and unioned body instead of exactly on the surface. It's possibly due to rounding errors - depending on versions Solidworks and AutoCAD no longer use exactly the same modelling engine so the .sat outputs can vary. It may well be fixable but only you can decide whether it's worth the time and effort.