Thread: Strange wall issue

Login to Give a bone

Default Strange wall issue

I have a wall issue that I can't seem to figure out. If you look at the attached image, both walls are the same wall Family and Type. The one horizontal in the screen shot goes 3' above the floor and has a curtain wall sitting on top of it. The one vertical goes mutli-story. I have the view range at 2' 0" (to cut thru the wall) and at Fine detail it still won't show the same as the other wall. I'm probably missing something really basic but can someone shed some light on what it may be?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Strange wall issue

Walls under 5' 8" high are always shown in "projection" no matter where the cut plane of the view or plan region is cutting.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jeffh View Post
    Walls under 5' 8" high are always shown in "projection" no matter where the cut plane of the view or plan region is cutting.
    That is something to remember........5'-8" I wonder how they came up with that number.

Login to Give a bone

There really should be a check box to show in projection or cut for walls below the 5' 8" height.

Login to Give a bone

you could set the section box in a 3D view to cut through what you need to see and then hit "top" on the navigation wheel to get a plan view.

Login to Give a bone

I just made a 4' wall and cut it at 2' and it did show the wall structure. Same wall type. Different spot. I'm confused....

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by BDR_Architect View Post
    I just made a 4' wall and cut it at 2' and it did show the wall structure. Same wall type. Different spot. I'm confused....
    Not sure I would have to see the conditions. I tested this both yesterday and today to figure out exactly the height when a wall ends up with the projection view. Everytime I have tested it changes at 5'-8".

Login to Give a bone

Not sure I would have to see the conditions. I tested this both yesterday and today to figure out exactly the height when a wall ends up with the projection view. Everytime I have tested it changes at 5'-8".
    I just did some testing in the model and for me the "magical" threshold seems to be 6'-0". So since it's 5'-8" for you and 6'-0" for me there has to be someplace that you can change this value or it's dependant on something else. Any thoughts?

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Jeff, Is this some function of the Cut Plane settings, such as a percentage, or fraction of the total view depth between the top and bottom settings?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Womack View Post
    Jeff, Is this some function of the Cut Plane settings, such as a percentage, or fraction of the total view depth between the top and bottom settings?
    Not exactly sure where this came from it has been in Revit for a long time. It is one of those "magic" numbers in Revit. There is no user control over this behavior. I talked yesterday with one of the product design guys from back in the Revit technology days and he indicated it has been around since then.