Thread: Door and Window Assembly in a schedule

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Door and Window Assembly in a schedule

I need to adjust my custom door schedule to include door/ window assemblies. We show the width and height of the door and then we show the width and height of the overall assembly frame. Is there a way to show this with how I have it set up or do i have to add a formula column for the frame width and height? I have attached the Schedule Table.dwg file with the door schedule (DLA Door Schedule is the style).
    Attached Files Attached Files

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Door and Window Assembly in a schedule

Your file must be a newer version than my program, because it won't open.

In the schedule style select the "Applies To" tab and check the DWA box.

Then, add columns to your schedule and in the "Frame Styles" you can select the automated frame sizes.

Login to Give a bone

My file was created in 2009. I updated the frame column, but now when I tag the doors, it is tagging the windows as well. I end up with a row of content for the windows, even when I delete the tag. Also, when it shows the frame size, it is still calling out the door frame size and not the entire DWA frame size.
    Last edited by tra1133; 2009-04-08 at 06:16 PM.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

The scheduler recognizes DWA and doors as separate entities, and it cannot include door information as a part of the DWA information. I don't know of any way to combine that information into a single row in the schedule.

When I had this issue I resolved the problem by creating frame elevations and providing frame info with the elevations. I made it easy, though, by using consistent frame sizes.

Login to Give a bone

We show frame elevations as well as door elevations, but all the frame elevations show is the frame width and height and the openings in between are labeled as "see schedule". We do this to keep the number of frames to a minimum (similar frames will call out the same frame elevation). I thought that since there is no true door frame that it would default to the DWA frame. I have attached my updated schedule table .dwg file.

By the way, I thought you could open a 2009 file with 2007 or 2008. Thanks.

Login to Give a bone

I figured out the frame issue. I was using the wrong Property Set. Instead of using DoorObject:FrameRoughWidth or Height, I should have been using the DoorObject:CalculatedFrameWidth or Height. The answer was staring at me all along in the properties palette. The only issue I am having now is that the glazing is showing up in the schedule as well. All I want is the door info and frame info. Do I have to use classifications to exclude it or is there some other way of removing it.
    I am using the Aubin approach to the door schedules. Create the Construct, create the View, update the property information in the view, adjust the construct, and then place the schedule directly on the sheet and have it update directly from the view xref.
    I have attached the latest schedult table.dwg file.

Login to Give a bone

I would recommend using Classifications to classify your Window DWA's differently from your Door DWA's at the style level. Then you can include just the Door DWA's in your Door Schedule Table.

The alternate approach would be to use a layer filter. This is set in the properties of each instance of a Schedule Table.

Login to Give a bone

I thought I had this worked out but I keep hitting a road block. I figured out how to add the frame width and height when including a door and window assembly (see previous post), but now the doors that are not in a DWA are showing "anchor not found". I think if I add a formula column for the width and height I will get it. My issue is I am not a formula guru. I think if I use a "If, ElseIf" formula I can get things to work. I want the schedule to look for an assembly frame [AssemblyWidth and AssemblyHeight from the DoorObject set] first. If there isn't one, then I want it to look for the frame width and height [CalculatedFrameWidth and CalculatedFrameHeight from the DoorObject set] of the door. Any ideas on how to accomplish this?
    Last edited by tra1133; 2009-05-05 at 01:58 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Attached is my latest attempt at this. I have the frames working but I am stuck with showing the glazing portion of the DWA in my schedule and I don't want that. Does anyone know if there is a VBScript Q&A in Augi?