Thread: Clash Report Formatting?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Clash Report Formatting?

I need to format my clash reports so that they are not "straddled" across the pagebreaks. Basically, the viewpoints/snapshots that reach across multiple pages aren't viewable. Please see attached screenshot (1st image is of the problematic pagebreaks within the PDF and the 2nd image is of the HTML report that I generated the PDF from).

I like the format that the HTML clash report generates, but when I print a hardcopy to a PDF it doesn't appear to be the same format as the HTML. Do I need to format within NavisWorks or through the PDF writer and how?

I've also noticed that when I get to about 2,000+ clashes, that I cannot print/convert the HTML clash report. Instead, I get an error and sometimes my computer doesn't even recognize that I sent the print command. Is this normal with such an abundance of clashes or am I missing steps? (Just to clarify, I like to "bind" the HTML and JPG's into one single PDF so that I don't have to transfer all of the necessary JPG's to the project server and that the person on the receiving end can simply print and take with them).

Is anybody producing clash reports through the HTML option with success? Some of the other NW guru's I've talked to don't even use the XML or HTML reports. Instead they generate their own reports with Excel. I don't want to hop on that Bandwagon until I've exhausted all formatting options with the original report written within NW first.

BTW, I am using NavisWorks Manage 2009.1

Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files