Thread: text height

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default text height

Hi all

I've encountered a scenario where in model space on one layer the text height is shown as 1/8" in the properties section.

If I change to another layer that uses a different DIMSTYLE the text height is shown as 6".

I'm a bit perplexed as the text appears to be the same height as the 1/8" text. How can this be ?

In the DIMSTYLE there doesn't appear to be any additional scaling unless I'm not looking in the right place.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks a bunch
    John

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: text height

Quote Originally Posted by john_audio View Post
    Hi all

I've encountered a scenario where in model space on one layer the text height is shown as 1/8" in the properties section.

If I change to another layer that uses a different DIMSTYLE the text height is shown as 6".

I'm a bit perplexed as the text appears to be the same height as the 1/8" text. How can this be ?

In the DIMSTYLE there doesn't appear to be any additional scaling unless I'm not looking in the right place.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks a bunch
    John
    Something to do with annotative text and viewport annotative scales, perhaps?

Login to Give a bone

This is why I don't like dimensions styles sometimes... I can't comment on how your dimension style was defined, but check and see in the dimension style if the text height was over ridden? Then check to see if the text definition itself has a forced size instead of "0". Without being there, it might be hard to diagnose specifically. If you change the text heights in either of these settings, you should be able to see how it affects the styles their defined by and you might be able to sort this out yourself. If its an office standard dimension style, chances are this is fine unless you have standard issues. If not, it may be an annotative adjustment as suggested by the previous comment.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

All I've used since they were introduced years ago is annotative scales. The text and arrows appear the same in paper space or in a viewport regardless of scale. Like jaberwok said check the dimension style to see if it's annotative.

I like that my Anno 0.1 dimension style text will always be 0.1 inches tall.